X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

resizing windows

hi...i am quite new to kubuntu...
    i am not able to resize any of the windows right from the point i installed kde 4.1.4....i tried in the desktop settings ...i tried changing settings but was of no use....please help
    thanks in advance

Re: resizing windows

Resizing Windows partitions how to by rog http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3090704.0

Are you using Kubuntu 8.10?
    Live CD?

Did you run the live CD and try to resize from within that, or,
    did you install Kubuntu and try to resize the windows partitions during the install?

What is the size of your hard disk?
    How many partitions do you have now?
    How much space are you using for Windows and how much do you want to keep for windows?
    HP Compaq nc6400, 2Gi, 100Gi, ATI x1300 with 512M

Comment

"hi...i am quite new to kubuntu...
      i am not able to resize any of the windows right from the point i installed kde 4.1.4....i tried in the desktop settings ...i tried changing settings but was of no use....please help
      thanks in advance"

I believe he's referring to windows as in those opened by applications! can you at least maximize/minimize? have you changed any theme, for example, windows decorations?
      by the way, do have an original install from 8.10 or was it an upgrade?

Comment

hi....i was referring to the windows opened by applications....i got it upgraded from the previous version via internet....
        once it got installed the windows resizing did not work....after that i tried changing the settings yet it was of no use....
        what shall i do now

Comment

i can minimize and maximize the windows though

Comment

If you maximise the window and click again on the maximise button the window will go smaller which will then enable you to resize it.

That help?

Comment

no ...it dint
              when i try to resize a window an arrow is seen ....when i place the mouse pointer at the edge of the window but when i move the mouse the arrow changes into the standard mouse pointer and the window does not resize
              is there any other way by which it can be done??
              it is really irritating working that way ...especially with the chat windows!!

Comment

Hello, excuse my bad English. I have the same problem. This is a compiz plugin ( or effect ) the Resize Window in the section " Windows Administrator ".
                I have disabled and enabled when I solved the problem. You do this from the CompizConfig

I wait serve you

Bye

Benja

Comment

Working...
                X