Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superkaramba .skz theme positioning in plasma??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superkaramba .skz theme positioning in plasma??

Hi Everyone,
    I had downloaded an SK theme called atalion06 and revamped to my own taste in apps. Unfortunately, SK renders it with a white background and Plasma fails to load a .theme file, so I zipped it to an .skz file and opened it in Plasma. It works flawlessly, and is transparent, but I am unable to position it where I would like it displayed on the Desktop, like I can with a native plasmoid.
    I've noticed that all .skz files behave in this manner (static), not just my revamp! I have tried repositioning (x and y axis) it through the orientation in the .theme file and re-zipping and reloading it with no luck, it still loads in the middle of the left side of the screen. Anyone have any ideas on this, or how to make these .skz files moveable?

Thanks in Advance,
    beowulf62

Re: Superkaramba .skz theme positioning in plasma??

Did you try to move it around by unlocking [right click on the theme, uncheck Locked Position] and dragging it ?
    Indeed the coordinates do not seem to work (or did not when I last modified my widgets), but after moving the theme Plasma remembers its position.

Comment

Yes, it was one of the first things I tried. But like I said, none of the .skz files can be moved. I have also checked that the native plasmoids are still moveable with each attempt, and they are. This only is an issue with the .skz themes, my plasmoids can be positioned anywhere I choose.

Thanks,
      beowulf62

Comment

Very odd behaviour. I remember I was able to move them around when using kde 4.1.
        In kde 4.2 superkaramba could render transparent background so I started using it again.

Comment

I am actually using KDE 4.2, but SK still rendered a white background. Although, when I first started using this theme (with KDE 4.2), after a couple of restarts, it was transparent until the next time I rebooted. It hasn't been transparent since, and I don't know why.

Comment

Working...
          X