X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kaddressbook limited LDAP support

Hello,

I have been frustrated with LDAP support in Kmail and Kaddressbook. I know in the past (perhaps with KDE 3) kaddressbook could write to an LDAP addressbook and kmail auto-completion for addresses from an LDAP addressbook were working. Now it seems that functionality is completely gone.

All I can set up are manual LDAP lookups for addresses. From what I can see the preferred method is to import your LDAP addressbook locally.

Is there any way to get kmail address auto-completion with LDAP working? And is there any way to get kaddressbook to edit LDAP entries?

Kubuntu 8.10
    KDE 4.1.4
    Kmail 1.10.4
    Kaddressbook 4.1

Thanks.

Re: kaddressbook limited LDAP support

As for the LDAP support, it is working a bit, but doesn't complete the addresses most of the time for me !!
    It is also not fast/responsive as it should be.

To check if you have LDAP lookup in KMail... After configuring it in KAddressBook, go to a new compose window and right click on the 'To' email box, and see in 'Configure Completion Order...' if you have your LDAP server listed. If it is not listed, after configuring in KAddressBook, reboot the machine and check it again, it should be listed there.

Comment

Working...
    X