This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bottom panel deleted by accident

Help! I ran this on the newbie forum, but I would like to zero in and see if you can give me assistance. I am running Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.1 and by accident I deleted the bottom panel. I would like to restore it. I do have access to the run command on the desktop. Any ideas? Many thanks...Fran

Re: bottom panel deleted by accident

I had an idea about this when I was suppose to be sleeping. Is there a way in Linux where I can restore my computer to the day before I deleted the panel? Thanks again...Fran

Comment

This link has a quick guide for resetting the desktop back to the default.

http://anojrs.blogspot.com/2008/01/d...-in-kde-4.html

Basically you just press "alt-F2" for the run box to appear, then type

Code:
      kdesudo rm ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma
      Alternatively, type dolphin instead, or open the file manager,

Alt-F2
      Code:
      dolphin
      Then go to your home folder and select "View - Show hidden files".

Then browse to '.kde4', then 'share', then 'config'. And rename the 'plasma' file to plamsa.old, or something similar.

Finally, log out (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace), and log back in.
      The answers are out there...

Comment

Thank you so much for your excellent instructions. The panel is back and I am up and going again. Have a great weekend...Fran

Comment

I deleted my panel by accident too. I followed these instructions and my panel is back. But now I have alot of space that I cant fill and my system tray is really long now and I cant figure out how to shrink it. When I try to move my icons around via panel settings it seems to only want to move them to certain places, the problem is it is leaving a lot of space that I cant fill. If anybody can help out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment

I'm having a little trouble understanding what is happening. could you post a screenshot?

Using the Panel Settings, you should be able to slide the /\ triangles at the sides of the screen, to shrink the panel.
            The answers are out there...

Comment

Try adding the Activity Bar applet/plasmoid, that worked for me! You may have to add/remove applets to get the desired positioning, but the Activity bar app "pushes" the other apps to the sides, so to speak. You do this by right-clicking the task bar and then Add Widgets. Should be the first one listed, at least on mine it is!

beowulf62

Comment

Sorry, that last post was in response to chadikins issue!!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X