This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything goes black and gray...

I've been trying to use Kubuntu on my desktop computer, which is home built...I have no problems installing on a separate hdd than XP Pro or logging in, but once I get logged in all the words are TINY...I can barely see them, the resolution doesn't fit my monitor at all it's very wide but doesn't reach the top and bottom of the screen (Samsung 22" widescreen monitor). The problem I run into is that when I try to change the DPi or the screen resolution the screen goes black except for the arrow and the window that was opened (system settings I think it's called) is gray, but there isn't any text.

This has happened 4 times and 1 time I actually didn't run into any problems until I tried to play with Desktop effects or whatever it's called and ended up with the same problem. Since I can never even do anything with it I end up just re-installing Kubuntu and trying again but this is starting to get really frustrating.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I'm a total noob when it comes to Linux but I'm trying to learn so I can't really do anything too technical with the terminal yet.

I think the version I'm using is 8.10 and KDE 4.2...maybe 4.1...it was the only download link a couple weeks ago when I first downloaded the ISO.

Thanks in advance
Working...
X