This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 Kweather installed but not available

I saw an unanswered question regarding this issue back in July of last year.

On my fresh Kubuntu 8.10 install I installed Ktoys. Synaptic now shows kweather installed. I can open a console and run kweatherservice. I can also run kweatherreport, but it doesn't create a gui.

The widget offering doesn't show KWeather.

So, how to I activate it and get the widget to show in the panel or on the desktop?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: KDE4 Kweather installed but not available

After upgrading to kubuntu intrepid ibex and recently to kde 4.2, I installed kweather via Synaptic.
    The same problem: nothing is available, and if you run it via command line, nothing happens.
    If this has some dependency, then it is pretty stupid that it is not indicated by Synaptic.

The official manual in http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdetoy...her/index.html is prehistoric (last version is 2004 !!!) says "kweather is part of the kdetoys package". (e.g. Synaptic should suggest/force installation of kdetoys or whatever else is necessary).

I have not yet tried to install the kdetoys package, but if this is what is missing, again that is stupid.

Is this a KDE 4 bug, a kweather bug or a Kubuntu bug?

Anybody ??

Comment

Re: KDE4 Kweather installed but not available

I have the same problem. I think it may be that kweather has not been upgraded to use dbus. I did find something similar that I kind of like though. The new Desktop allows adding widgets, such as LCD weather, directly to it. Then you get on all your desktops a weather display that is larger and windows cover it. Combined with compiz and the desktop cube this might work for me. It will take some getting used to, and it lacks the ability to show the more detailed report.

Comment

Working...
      X