Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for Kubuntu-friendly dual monitor card?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Kubuntu-friendly dual monitor card?

Can anyone recommend a particular dual-monitor AGP card that will be relatively easy to set up with Kubuntu II? Do ATI or NVidia cards tend to be more compatible?

Re: Suggestions for Kubuntu-friendly dual monitor card?

Originally posted by UrbanVegan
    Can anyone recommend a particular dual-monitor AGP card that will be relatively easy to set up with Kubuntu II? Do ATI or NVidia cards tend to be more compatible?
    AGP? Seriously?

Probably the cheapest AGP Nvidia card, if you can find one. Then use EnvyNG to install the driver -- don't even bother with "Restricted Driver Manager" or whatever it's called.

Two cents' worth ....

Comment

Re: Suggestions for Kubuntu-friendly dual monitor card?

Originally posted by dibl

AGP? Seriously?
      I could use something with a PCI interface as well. I didn't realize AGP was passé?

Probably the cheapest AGP Nvidia card, if you can find one. Then use EnvyNG to install the driver -- don't even bother with "Restricted Driver Manager" or whatever it's called.

Two cents' worth ....
      I don't see Ubuntu II on the list of supported distro's on Envy's page, Hardy is the last one. But actually I have Hardy on my machine now, and could stick with it. Last I knew Envy wasn't working with Hardy yet, that's cool. Comes in really handy, especially that command line feature.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
      X