Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any "easy" way of adding KDE repository to sources list?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any "easy" way of adding KDE repository to sources list?

I just found KDE source repository but I have no idea how to ad it to source list and if this is even possible.
    It seems that it's not apt based repo but more like an centralized storage for sources.
    The only thing I come up is that I could use this sources and put them on my PPA, but I guess it's a bit more problematic
    as just uploading source to PPA and that would be it...
    Anyway I have a look at PPAs and if the procedure will be simple I might even "port" some apps.
    But don't expect anything...

I write this as there is no easy way to install new windows decorations, I grew tired of Ozone.
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Re: Any "easy" way of adding KDE repository to sources list?

Be careful adding third source repos -- packages can come in with dependencies that aren't correctly satisfied by your Kubuntu system, and you can end up ..... preggers.

Better to stick with the *buntu repos, including the PPA repos, if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Be careful adding third source repos -- packages can come in with dependencies that aren't correctly satisfied by your Kubuntu system, and you can end up ..... preggers.

Better to stick with the *buntu repos, including the PPA repos, if you want.
      Yeah you're probably right...
      Do yo know any good PPA or whatever to easily install dewindows decoration themes, every time I compile from source something goes wrong...

Comment

I'm not a huge twiddler of window decs, but have you tried Emerald? That's the one I use -- it runs with Compiz. I dunno whether you can run it without Compiz. Emerald has many themes available -- I'm running Slatehorn_Red. I think the packages "emerald" and "emerald-themes" are available in the standard repos.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
          I'm not a huge twiddler of window decs, but have you tried Emerald? That's the one I use -- it runs with Compiz. I dunno whether you can run it without Compiz. Emerald has many themes available -- I'm running Slatehorn_Red. I think the packages "emerald" and "emerald-themes" are available in the standard repos.
          Oh yes I remember Emerald I did use it once before...
          Maybe I'll try it again.
          Just never could make it start with system... Probably should try harder.

Comment

Working...
          X