X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Folder View widget problem - doesn't show full file names of files

Hi,

I am quite pleased with my KDE 4.1 desktop. Only problem I'm having is that the folder view widget doesn't show the full file name. It just shows 5-4 letters and then ... I could change the font size but still no difference. I tried resizing but its the same. Because the file names are not shown (even as a tool tip) the use of folder view widget is very difficult for me.

I tried searching this forum for questions of about this and I'm surprised I couldn't find anything. Can anyone help me with this? Does it have something to do with my resolution? I'll add a screen shot.
    Attached Files

Re: Desktop Folder View widget problem - doesn't show full file names of files

I get this as well in the 4.2 beta 1 currently available from the kubuntu.org ppa, so tagging thread for interest.
    KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Right click on folder view, select "folder view settings", select "display", under "text settings" set the number of lines.
      Kubuntu 10.10 64bit<br />KDE 4.5.3<br />Kernel: 2.6.35.22 generic<br />Nvidia Driver: 260.19.06<br />Dell Dimension 9200 - Core 2 Duo 6300 - 3GB Ram<br />Nvidia Geforce 7900GS<br /><br />Linux user since March 2004<br />Linux user #526793

Comment

Hi, thanks sjhstorm.

but There is no option "display" in the "folder view settings" dialog box. This is all it has. (in the screen shot). Are you using a higher version of KDE?

http://rapidshare.com/files/174091792/dialog.png.html

Comment

Sorry I did not mention that I am using KDE 4.2 beta 1, and by default on my system it is set to two lines. I can't remember if I had this facility in KDE 4.1.3.
          Kubuntu 10.10 64bit<br />KDE 4.5.3<br />Kernel: 2.6.35.22 generic<br />Nvidia Driver: 260.19.06<br />Dell Dimension 9200 - Core 2 Duo 6300 - 3GB Ram<br />Nvidia Geforce 7900GS<br /><br />Linux user since March 2004<br />Linux user #526793

Comment

Thanks for the replies..

So I guess I have to upadte to KDE beta release to solve this problem. I am surprised that very few users thought of this as a inconvinience!!! If it was a problem for you, you would definately remember.

Comment

Working...
            X