This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little error with the panel at the bottom of the screen

Amidst trying to move the mouse on the screen, I accidentally double clicked on the bottom panel and now every icon sitting to the right of the panel is now spread completely across it leaving no room for anymore windows I open. Never seen this before. How do I correct it??
    &quot;All of our motivations fall into three basic categories...&#39;survival&#39;, &#39;social life&#39;, and &#39;entertainment&#39;.&quot; - Linus Torvalds<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; GNUway Tech

Re: Little error with the panel at the bottom of the screen

Well, the easy way is to wipe your plasma settings, forcing it to recreate defaults. It's a bit tricky to do since it saves its current state when you logout, so you have to do it outside a running (logged-in) X session.
    • Log out
    • Ctrl+Alt+F1
    • rm ~/.kde/share/config/plasma*
    • exit
    • Alt+F7 (if that doesn't take you back to the login screen, try Alt+F8)
    • Admire changes
    • Grumble and set it up the way you want it again

If it happens a lot, just make a backup of those ~/.kde/share/config/plasma* files, for future recovery.
    KDE, I heart thee.

Comment

Working...
    X