This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display options?

In Kubuntu 8.04 w/KDE3, under the Control Center options, there was a section to set your video adapter and change the monitor specs so that more video resolutions were available. I'm not finding anything like that in 8.1 - am I missing it, or is it just missing?

Re: Display options?

The closest you'll find to what you had prior to II 8.10 will be in K Menu > System Settings > Display > Size & Orientation

Click on the button-bar to the right of Size: to see what resolution options are available.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Unfortunately, nothing. I have an old Cornea CT1704 I resurrected from the dead, and nothing seems to recognize it's settings in P&P or have it listed. I'm assuming I'll get options if I manually go in and tweak the xorg.conf file? OR... since 8.04 lets me tweak it via the control center, if I upgrade from an install of that, will it keep the 1280x1024 setting without having to tweak? Not that I mind tweaking xorg.conf, that's what I have to do now with Freespire, but I kinda got excited when I saw a GUI for the options in 8.04!

Comment

The problem with that ("Not that I mind tweaking xorg.conf,...") is that in 8.10, xorg.conf isn't the controlling file any more. HAL controls nearly everything that xorg.conf did previously.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That explains a lot! Any way to manually hack the HAL?

Comment

Yeah, its annoying that only useless resolutions & refresh rates are shown in the GUI, but xorg.conf can still be used to set whatever res & refresh rate you need....no need to hack anything.

Its not like xorg.conf is ignored completely in 8.10...

Comment

Working...
            X