This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible KDE 4.2 thread?

Could somebody get a thread talking about 4.2 (alpha for now) going. I'm running it under Intrepid and like it. Compare notes/experiences/troubles. I feel lonely

Thanx,
    Bob
    Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Re: Possible KDE 4.2 thread?

Originally posted by bsoderror
    Could somebody get a thread talking about 4.2 (alpha for now) going. I'm running it under Intrepid and like it. Compare notes/experiences/troubles. I feel lonely
    Hi Bob

Did you have to install from source? Or are there packages available for Intrepid? (and installable side-by-side, that would be awesome)

Thanks!
    Leo

Comment

Hi Leo, I went to this site and followed the directions, packages available and yes I have gnome, kde 4.13 and 4.2 alpha all able to be logged into. Kinda fun:

http://roderick-greening.blogspot.co...ker-in_03.html
      Being able to access the internet whilst answering a call of nature was 'one of life's most liberating experiences.'  Vic Hayes

Comment

Cool, so if you don;t use a virtual machine, it's only these three simple steps, right?

Code:
        deb [url]http://ppa.launchpad.net/project-neon/ubuntu[/url] intrepid main
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install kde-nightly
        Does this thing use a separate ~/.kde folder for the nightlyu builds?

Many thanks!

Comment

You've got the steps right and you'll end up with a shiney new ~/.kde-neon folder

Comment

Allright! I installed it yesterday night while asleep, logged in in the morning. No issues! I'll add an announcement in the announcements forum.

I liked the System Monitor's family of Widgets, and I am surprised the weather widget is not there! The feature freezes is around the corner!

Other than that., very solid for an alpha. The Applications menu (In the KMenu) is missing, but these things will come along in the betas of course.

Comment

Ah, there is an announcement already!
              http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099334.0

Comment

Yep the announcement is there already. Glad ya got it going ok, did you notice the "NoText" in Dolphin.

Comment

No, I haven't noticed, and now i am in KDE 4.1. The thing I thought I should mention is: there is a weather plasmoid in the repos, I just installed it and love it, there is also one for system load in Kicker, pretty useful too! These are available for KDE 4.1, they just not installed as a part of kubuntu-desktop ...

Comment

Working...
                  X