This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED - Konqueror wont save desktop size settings

I've already discovered that the file ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/webbrowsing contains the various settings used by Konqueror. Under the section [Profile] the following two entries reflect the window size of Konqueror while it's running:

Height 900=xxx
    Width 1400=xxx

The numbers 900 and 1400 reflect the actual geometry of my screen resolution. The xxx dynamically changes to reflect the actual height and width I drag Konqueror into. I know that it changes dynamically, because I've noted the settings, closed the file, resized Konqueror and reopened the file. The xxx values are changed.

So here's the question: Why doesn't Konqueror remember the 'last value set' when closing? When I close Konqueror, and reopen it, the value of xxx has returned to what has to be a default. Where do I find the other configuration file that must initially be used when starting Konqueror?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Konqueror wont save desktop size settings

I fixed this issue by:

K > System Settings > Window Behaviour > Window Specific

and removing everything in there. Initially, I tried to edit stuff in there, but it appeared to make no difference, so I just trashed it all... I have no idea if this was the right thing to do, but it worked, and hasn't appeared to have any adverse effects on anything for several weeks.
    Confucius says: If you enjoy your work, then you never have to work another day in your life.

Comment

Thank you! I'm going to do a restart, and check the settings in that file to those in ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/profiles/webbrowsing. I'll report back.

Comment

Yeah baby!!! Man, ya got to LOVE it when you get the definitive answer to your question. K Menu > System Settings > Window Behavior > Window Specific > Konqueror initial default size > Geometry was exactly what needed to be modified. Changing the settings to 1295,811 (width,height), saving and restarting KDE opened Konqueror with that geometry! I'm a happy camper. 8)

Comment

Working...
        X