X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin Terminal - WAY COOL!

Just discovered the Terminal option in Dolphin (Version 1.1 (KDE 4.1.2)):

View > Panels > Terminal

This is just way to cool, and a most useful addition! This feature alone will result in my using Dolphin over Konqueror for file management. I like using the console, while at the same time having the visual information that Dolphin (and Konqueror) provide.

Kudos to the developers!
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Dolphin Terminal - WAY COOL!

Turning konsole/teminal on/off: F4

You also can embed/disembed the konsole:
    Attached Files
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

I've also discovered that Konqueror has a Terminal Emulator. It isn't a console, and I don't know how one uses it. Can you elaborate?

Comment

I LIVE in konsole... sometimes I got 20 tabs open. I just wish that they would fix/impliment the "Open Folder in Tabs" option !!!(version 2.1)

@snowhog: the terminal emulator in konq works as a console providing you are using konq in the file management mode
        Confucius says: If you enjoy your work, then you never have to work another day in your life.

Comment

In Konq, there are two things you can do:
          (a) to execute, 1 command you can click ctl-E or go to tools>"Execute Shell Command" or
          (b) you can get a real Konsole, opened in the current Konqueror directory with F4 or tools>"Open Terminal".

Re. Dolphin, If they eliminate the File Manager in Konq, I think I'd switch to Krusader before I'd use Dolphin. At least it has a familiar interface. But that's just me.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty sweet... but I have always wondered why it doesn't load the konsole icon automatically.

Comment

Okay, that is clear. In Konqueror, while browsing the web, one gets a Terminal Emulator. If in File Management mode (navigating ones HD/folders) then you get a separate (detached) console. So what does the Terminal Emulator do while browsing the web? I would love to see the attached console function that has been included in Dolphin included in Konqueror.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                So what does the Terminal Emulator do while browsing the web?
                Nothing. Yeah, with a bit of playing around, I now see that if the Terminal Emulator does nothing when in browsing mode. It does become active as a terminal (console) when you start browsing your disks.

Comment

Follow-up.

If you active the Terminal Emulator while in a non-web tab - browsing your HD - then you get the active console behavior. Switching back to a web-browsing tab keeps the terminal active as a console. I like that.

Comment

Hm, the dolphin embedded konsole does not support text copy/paste using Ctrl+Ins/Shift+Ins
                    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/292096
                    ^^ I reported this some time back now. Waiting for some light on the issue

Comment

Working...
                    X