X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Questions about KDE customization

Hi,
    I have Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.1.2. I come from KDE 3.5.
    I miss several things:
    - A "sysinfo" icon on the desktop (like in KDE 3.5 and like MyPC in Windows) where I can find all my drives, main system info, etc., is there any icon like this?
    - When I add a new component to to panel, they are always placed on the right side, how can I move the components within the panel?
    Thanks

Re: Questions about KDE customization

Originally posted by fmeneuhe

- A "sysinfo" icon on the desktop (like in KDE 3.5 and like MyPC in Windows) where I can find all my drives, main system info, etc., is there any icon like this?
    Depending on your taste, you can set this up with the display/information package of your choice. For example, install kinfocenter, then do KMenu>System>Kinfocenter, right-click it and choose "add to desktop" or "add to panel", as you wish.

- When I add a new component to to panel, they are always placed on the right side, how can I move the components within the panel?
    I'm away from my system and so this will be a little imprecise, but first right-click a blank area on the panel and choose "unlock widgets", then you need to choose "edit" or "panel configuration" or whatever it is -- it pops up a black "super panel" above your normal panel, and that will let you re-arrange the icons while it is open. When you close it and re-lock the widgets, they will again become immovable.

Comment

Thank you very much, it worked!

Comment

@ fmeneuhe

It's me again being a pain - could you mark this as SOLVED? Check my signature
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Oh yes, it has been solved with the dibl 's answer

Comment

Working...
          X