This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

karm "Desktop has been idle" problem

I've been using a great little app called karm for years as a timer to keep track of time spent on certain jobs. it allows you to set an interval of inactivity after which it will stop the timer automatically and prompt you to revert or continue.
    As of yesterday though, regardless of the interval set in the options, it sees 1 min of inactivity and prompts to stop timing. It's a pain, as I usually have it set for 15 min -- my work often involves long-ish bouts of reading with no keyboard/mouse activity, so it's become pretty much useless.
    This change in behaviour coincides with an update done yesterday, so I think that something's changed there, not in my settings.
    Any ideas?
    Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Re: karm &quotesktop has been idle" problem

I'm not sure which KDE you are using but I'm using KDE4.1 and after today's 98 packages upgrade my computer cannot shutdown,restart or even log-out cleanly. Definitely some of the packages are causing a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by assettt
      I'm not sure which KDE you are using but I'm using KDE4.1 and after today's 98 packages upgrade my computer cannot shutdown,restart or even log-out cleanly. Definitely some of the packages are causing a problem.
      I'm still on KDE3.5.10, but karm is 1.6.0 It's driving me nuts - I use this thing to track time spent on different jobs while working and it's all but useless now. I'd downgrade if I could find a deb file with the older version...much like I did with audacity.
      Dont pretend you havent noticed my cardboard box, Julia, because I know you have!

Comment

Same issue for me with karm 1.6.0 and KDE 3.5.10.

Did anyone find o workaround?

Comment

Howdy. The problem appears to be that the minute field is now in something closer to seconds. I changed mine to 900 and that fixed the issue.

That said, I did just update to 8.10 / KDE4 which has fubar'd a lot of functionality so I'll have to see if that fix sticks around.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X