This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimatix

Does anybody here have any use for Ultimatix, if so where do you get it for Kbuntu.
    I'm really into easy.

Re: Ultimatix

Automatix was considered a "no-no" for *buntu, and Ultimatix is the replacement for the discontinued Automatix. See this blogers post about its use.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'll take that as a no.
      I have Ubuntu installed on another HD not using Automatix and it was quick and easy.

Comment

If you want something "more user friendly" than Adept Manager, install Synaptic. You can install it via Adept Manager or from the CLI with sudo apt-get install synaptic
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So far the Adept manager works OK for me I'm just used to the look and feel of Gnome.
          I have resisted the temptation to download Firefox and Thunderbird and instead will just use KDE as is and see how I like it.
          It is probably a lot like migrating from MS Office to Open Office, they both work fine for most people but they are different and if you are used to one you tend to bitch about the other.
          Thank god for Linux because we have choices.

Comment

Working...
          X