This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lancelot

Lanacelot is shown on widgets, but when i add it, it is not recognised.
    Do you get black dot (when dropping Lancelot to the desktop) ?

Here with the Intrepid Ibex, Lancelot 1.0.2 svn859481:

Code:
    cmake ..
    make
    sudo make install
    does not install
    /usr/lib/liblancelot.so.0.5.0
    /usr/lib/liblancelot.so.0
    /usr/lib/liblancelot.so
    /usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_lancelot_part.so
    /usr/lib/kde4/plasma_applet_lancelot_launcher.so
    /usr/bin/lancelot
    They are compiled but the installation part is flawed. install_manifest.txt shows that everything else is installed OK. Workaround that is working here, is to manually drag and drop those bits to the right place. That is
    liblancelot.so.0.5.0, liblancelot.so.0, liblancelot.so
    from buildpath+/lib to /usr/lib

plasma_applet_lancelot_part.so, plasma_applet_lancelot_launcher.so
    from buildpath+/lib to /usr/lib/kde4

lancelot (executable)
    from buildpath+/app/src to /usr/bin
    After this Lancelot 1.0.2 is working OK.

It seems that Cmake is making broken Makefile, maybe it is this with the Ibex:
    This is an alpha/beta/rc (pre-) release. Pre-release versions of programs are NOT encouraged for anyone needing a stable system or for anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even frequent, breakage

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

That problem have arisen when KDE switched to CMake 2.6 so I blame that entirely
      Debian KDE/X.org/GNU/Linux user

Comment

Originally posted by Rog131

Do you get black dot (when dropping Lancelot to the desktop) ?
        Yes. It worked copying those files. Thanks!!

Comment

BTW, the http://lancelot.fomentgroup.org/faq#menu-no-applets contains the easier way that should work... or at least did work for all that had the same problem in the past.
          Debian KDE/X.org/GNU/Linux user

Comment

Now available in the Hardy repos... (version 1.0.0, not the latest)

Thanks Czessi!

Code:
            sudo apt-get install plasmoid-lancelot
            And works perfectly, btw, except for a minor error in icon choice when scrolling the columns back over to the left (using the no-click interface), it shows the "play" button, which is not intuitive (but hardly a bug).

Edit: ok, after a little more thought, perhaps the "play" icon is better/correct, since it shows a function is being performed...

Comment

1.0.3 is now available for hardy (in the repos).

Comment

And unfortunately the latest updates in Intrepid seem to have broken 1.0.3, at least for me. It won't open and I always get this line in syslog, three times:
                Code:
                lancelot[8202]: segfault at 51 ip 080616c6 sp bfa5b7c0 error 6 in lancelot[8048000+40000]

Code:
                $ apt-cache policy plasmoid-lancelot
                plasmoid-lancelot:
                 Instalado: 1.0.3~svn860641-0ubuntu1
                 Candidato: 1.0.3~svn860641-0ubuntu1
                 Tabela de versão:
                 *** 1.0.3~svn860641-0ubuntu1 0
                    500 [url]http://pt.archive.ubuntu.com[/url] intrepid/universe Packages
                    100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Comment

Originally posted by jbernardo
                  And unfortunately the latest updates in Intrepid seem to have broken 1.0.3, at least for me. It won't open and I always get this line in syslog, three times:
                  Code:
                  lancelot[8202]: segfault at 51 ip 080616c6 sp bfa5b7c0 error 6 in lancelot[8048000+40000]
                  I have this same problem with segfault in Lancelot, after latest updates.

In addition I have the other problem mentioned, where Lancelot opens .desktop files in Kate instead of launching the application. (I actually have TWO icons for each application, one of which works and one of which opens in Kate.) Incidentally, I don't have two of each icon listed using KDE's default application launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Nos4ah2
                    I have this same problem with segfault in Lancelot, after latest updates.
                    Recent kubuntu plasma updates don't seem to be lancelot compatible (or the other way around), the bug has been reported and confirmed: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ot/+bug/279105

In addition I have the other problem mentioned, where Lancelot opens .desktop files in Kate instead of launching the application. (I actually have TWO icons for each application, one of which works and one of which opens in Kate.) Incidentally, I don't have two of each icon listed using KDE's default application launcher.
                    This seems to happen when you have KDE3 programs installed (There are some installed by default on 8.10). These programs have two icons in lancelot, only one of which is working. It's probably related to showing both the KDE3 and KDE4 .desktop files. I haven't dug any deeper into it, as the problem is likely to fix itself when the remaining apps are ported to KDE4.

Comment

Rebuilding from source fixed it here. I still have the "The file /home/user/kde/xxx.desktop" problem (kate gives that message when I click on some menu entries).

Comment

Rebuilding from source fixed it here.
                        Yup, there's also a rebuilt version available from the repos.

Comment

Rebuilding from source fixed it here. I still have the "The file /home/user/kde/xxx.desktop" problem (kate gives that message when I click on some menu entries).
                          Have you found a fix for this yet? It doesn't happen with the default Launcher menu.

Comment

The latest kdelibs updates seem to fix the duplicate item issue in Lancelot.

Comment

I can confirm that here. The only remaining problem is a somewhat slow first time loading (but I am using a Aspire One).

Comment

Looking very sexy.
                                Thank you

One question:
                                How can I point contacts to:
                                TB+lightning (spicebird) and pidgin respectively?

I don't use Kontact or kopete
                                HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                                4 GB Ram
                                Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                                X