This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma WIdgets in KDE 4.1

Well i got problem with Plasma. Of course it is new to everyone but some of us are more experienced in whole linux and KDE matter .
    My problem: I wanted new plasmoids. There is feature in plasma control center that allows downloading and installing from kde-look.org as well as importing from file. BUt it is not working for me. So is there any solution?
    Oh and i have found plasmoid in handy .deb after installing i got it in menu with other default widgets but when i use it it is set as a unknown widget.
    One more thing how i can save session ?

Re: Plasma WIdgets in KDE 4.1

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...0774#msg140774

Comment

That doesn't address teh OP question... the functionality mentioned is in 4.1... it's just broken... it used to work fine as I recall... anyone?

He's not talking about downloading them from the internet web page, but the "Install New Widgets"... I swear that was working before 4.1 final... but I've been using the kde-nightly quite a bit too, so I could be mistaken.

Edit (again)... oh heck, I don't know what I'm talking about... 4.0 betas, 4.0.x, 4.1, 4.1.60... I've used so many builds of 4 I really can't keep track of what worked when... maybe this did never work.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix-TX
        Originally posted by elgordo123
        -Tried to install widgets from web (kdelook weather and quickaccess), says installed but neither show up in list.
        Well, this is normal, because they need to be compiled. I think that kde-devs want to made changes to plasma core to have a way for installing "packages of plasmoids", like superkaramba, but it will be on kde 4.2
        This functionality is not broken because is not implemented. To get new plasmoids you need download them and compile them. KDE devs want to have a similiar behaviuor as superkaramba themes, but they need "reimplement" plasma.

Comment

I've used so many builds of 4 I really can't keep track of what worked when... maybe this did never work.
          AFIK it never worked at least not on my installs (and I have a few )

Fenix is right, you will have to compile them. And I have not gotten that to work either (haven't really tried since 4.4.0 :P )
          HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Yeah, I'm crazy... sorry about that... they never worked now that I really think about... the few I had working were installed from a package provided from another source.

Comment

Working...
            X