Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED]KDE 4.1 - can widgets be positioned on the panel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]KDE 4.1 - can widgets be positioned on the panel?

Long story short - ended up 'changing' the default panel, and so ended up learning how to remove it, add it back, position it (the panel) on the screen where I want it, changing the width and hight of the panel, and even how to add/remove widgets from the panel. But I can't figure out how to position the widgets on the panel - to put them where I want them. Is this possible?

Added: Got it figured out. Right-click on the panel and select Panel Settings. Put your mouse cursor over the item to be moved until you see the four-poined arrow. Click and hold and move to the position you want. When it's on/over the 'space' permitted for the item, the area under it turns grey (this tells you this is an area in the location you can use) and you just let go of the mouse button. Item sticks to this new location.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: KDE 4.1 - can widgets be positioned on the panel?

Just hit the panel cashew to bring up the editor thingy, and then when you hover over a widget the mouse should change to the move cursor... or are you talking about something else?

Comment

Ah the beauty of being curious.

On up configure panel with a right click or the "kidney" and move your mouse over a icon on the panel. You shou

You should see a cross appear. Now just click on the icon and move it

Enjoy

Bthw I have my panel split in three
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
        Bthw I have my panel split in three
        How?! Please tell.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED]KDE 4.1 - can widgets be positioned on the panel?

If I could figure out how to get a pic uploaded I would show you.

anyway:
          I added one panel, moved to the right and resized it. Then deleted the sysbar from my main panel and added it to my right panel.

I then resized my main panel, moved it it the bottom right and aligned it to right.
          I then deleted the task bar and pager.
          Now I added another panel, moved it to the bottom left and aligned it left. Resized it and added the taskbar and pager.

Pretty neat
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Makes sense. So, three 'smaller' panels, one on the left, one in the middle, and one on the right. Place widgets on each panel as suites your needs.

Comment

Yeah.
              I put my sysbar on the right "side" (not bottom right) of my desktop because I rarely need it but you can move them anywhere you want.
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Which is great in my opinion! Kicker wouldn't allow that. At least I never could get it to do that!

Comment

Working...
                X