This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.0 Suspend [SOLVED]

Does anyone know a way to Suspend to Ram (sleep) in a graphical way in KDE 4.0? As it is now, I have to use "pmi action suspend" from Konsole to suspend.

Also, does KDE 4.1 have this option by default?

Re: KDE 4.0 Suspend

Did you try installing kpowersave, and using that? (I haven't tried it yet ...).

Comment

In KDE4.1 I know if you right click on the desktop and click on "Leave" you will get the System options Menu. On there is a button the says "Turn Off Computer". Click near and hold down the mouse button on the white down arrow on the "Turn Off Computer" button. A list should appear that will allow you to Suspend to Disk or RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
        In KDE4.1 I know if you right click on the desktop and click on "Leave" you will get the System options Menu. On there is a button the says "Turn Off Computer". Click near and hold down the mouse button on the white down arrow on the "Turn Off Computer" button. A list should appear that will allow you to Suspend to Disk or RAM.
        Originally posted by dibl
        Did you try installing kpowersave, and using that? (I haven't tried it yet ...).
        Both of those suggestions work perfectly. Thanks to both of you.

Comment

Great! Have fun with KDE4! I've been!

PS: Go to your 1st post and click Modify and place in the Subject line [SOLVED].

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise
            Great! Have fun with KDE4! I've been!

I'm having a lot of fun with it. I liked 3.5 and wasn't too thrilled to try something new but this is a great new desktop. I'm enjoying it.

Comment

Re: KDE 4.0 Suspend [SOLVED]

It's not perfect. There are a few little "Oh Ohs" here and there, but over all I say it is smooth running. I've enjoyed it and I know I won't go back.

Comment

Working...
              X