This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like KDE, but GNOME gets nifty

I tried using GNOME for a few times, and it is not so much about the Desktop itself, but about the programs that come with it. I just find myself home with amarok, digikam, k3b and probably kaffeine (for dvb-s) and couldn't live without them in gnome. Of course I could also run them using kdelibs, but they do integrate really nicely into kde, dont they ?

But with really cute little programs like conduit or timevault being out there for gnome, I wonder whether there are alternatives for kde that are just as neat and nice or if I have to give F- Spot, Rythmbox / Exaile etc another try ?!

Ok KDE 4 is all fancy in terms of looking nice and bling bling, but really productive it is not (yet), I hope there do emerge plasmoids that really help getting things done... btw. will there be the Show Dashbord button in Kubuntu KDE 4 as it is in OpenSuse 11 ? I really miss that one since the show desktop one doesnt exist anymore..

just my 2 cents

Re: I like KDE, but GNOME gets nifty

As a KDE freak I don't kow what features you are missing? I don't know the Gnome apps..
    Check out my Ⓥegan youtube channel PlantSugar
    CV and gallery at grn.dk
    Please add [SOLVED] to topic subject when topic is solved.

Comment

Working...
    X