This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror crashes on parts of the KFN!

Okay, HH running KDE 4.1 Version 4.00.80 (KDE 4.0.80 >= (KDE 4.1 Beta1) (dist-upgrade from KDE 4.0.5) this evening. Definitely like the looks and feel over 4.0.5. But, Konqueror 'crashes' when clicking on certain links in this Forum. Clicking on New Replies - Konqueror crashes. Clicking on Help - Konqueror crashes. Haven't tried all the links yet, but ...

Who else has/is experiencing this 'behavior' with Konqueror?

In fact, it crashed when I posted the above! I'm posting this comment in HH KDE 4.0.5.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Konqueror crashes on parts of the KFN!

I can confirm that. Konqueror can't even open up the forum part :P
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Yes, it is crashing. Here Konqueror KDE 4.1 Beta 1 is unstable. Alpha version was more stable .

Using Kubuntu + KDE from the Debian repositories.

Stanadard warnings (alpha, beta, rc):
      This is an alpha/beta/rc (pre-) release. Pre-release versions of programs are NOT encouraged for anyone needing a stable system or for anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even frequent, breakage. Pre-release versions of programs ARE recommended for developers and those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs (or are just curious).
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Having said that and wanting test it. I opened Konqueror up again and it restored the KFN session and seems to be workibng fine at least I am writing this from it now

Edit from FF: Well it just crashed again while cloing. That just proves rog's point
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I think that these are new in the Beta 1: Konqueror session management + crash handler. New things, new problems ?

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation. I understand that KDE 4.1 is beta, and did read that bugs are expected. So, I'm not complaining. Just wanted the confirmation that it wasn't just me.
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I understand that KDE 4.1 is beta, and did read that bugs are expected. So, I'm not complaining. Just wanted the confirmation that it wasn't just me.
              Just wawing the warning flag to everybody. It is beta, early beta, there will be beta 2.

Comment

Working...
              X