This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.0.5

What has happened to KDE 4.0.5, today is the release date yet it is not in the repositories. Does anyone know when it will be available?

Re: KDE 4.0.5

I hope they take their time and jump to kde4.1 beta
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

What's the difference?

Originally posted by Fintan

Comment

Have a look here:
        http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.1-beta1.php
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

I had assumed that 4.0.5 and 4.0.6 evolved into 4.1, are you saying that is not the case?

Comment

Have alook here for a bit more info:
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Somebody was supposed to be packaging the 4.1 beta for Kubuntu, but I haven't heard anything about it in over a week . . .

Here's a link to the blog I'm referencing.  There are a couple of features I would like to implement for 4.2 or 4.3, but will keep them top-secret for now ( in case they're never finished; that way, you won't know what you're missing )
              Asus G1S-X3:
              Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

In intrepid Ibex it's already kde 4.1 beta (in fact 4.0.80) but actually my ibex is not starting anymore :P

Comment

Well if I wasn't confused before, I certainly am now.

Originally posted by integr8e
                  Somebody was supposed to be packaging the 4.1 beta for Kubuntu, but I haven't heard anything about it in over a week . . .

Here's a link to the blog I'm referencing. There are a couple of features I would like to implement for 4.2 or 4.3, but will keep them top-secret for now ( in case they're never finished; that way, you won't know what you're missing )

Comment

This should help your confusion:
                    http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0.5.php

4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Well you don't have to wait anymore. kde4.1 beta for kubuntu is here
                      4 GB Ram
                      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Well you don't have to wait anymore. kde4.1 beta for kubuntu is here
                        OK, I took your advice and upgraded to KDE 4.1 beta by following the instructions here.

http://kubuntu.org/announcements/kde-4.1beta1.php

Comment

Great

Maybe you would like to share your impressions here:
                          http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3095130.0

Enjoy
                          4 GB Ram
                          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Hello everyone!

I thought I would join the discussion on where the heck 4.0.5 is when it comes to Kubuntu. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the 4.1 beta, because I don't want to mess up my system and have to reinstall it, if the beta destroys it.

I was kinda banking on 4.0.5 being updated for Kubuntu Hardy, because on mine I have KDE 4.0.3 installed, because 4.0.4 will not install on any of my machines. All the installed packages read "4.0.4" that are installed, yet on the "About KDE" thing it reports it as 4.0.3, which I believe because Konqueror is barely usable on any of my machines. I was hoping 4.0.5 would fix all of this stuff.

I hope that Kubuntu isn't thinking that nobody needs 4.0.5 because of the beta they released, not everyone will want to install beta software. I don't mind installing it if I had a way of backing up my current KDE installation in a way I could restore it as-is if the beta destroys it.

Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

Well I don't know why it was done but I am glad for it.
                              Kde4 pure (remix) is not supposed to be a productive system. I have been using kde4 on my kde3/kde4 system since January, first in gutsy then in hardy almost 90% of the time.

kde 4.1 is where kde4 is going anyway and it is stable, quirky but stable. At least up until now

kdesudo still doesn't work correctly but have a look here for more:
                              http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...095001.new#new

A few plasmoids were left out for the moment because of a libplasma ugrade but they will be back soon enough.

All in all it is faster and definitely a step forward.

If you have a kde3 / kde4 system you shouldn't have any problems, especially if you have a separate /home and or /data partition. Which is a good idea in any case
                              4 GB Ram
                              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                              X