This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High CPU demand w/KDE 4.0.3

Fresh install of HH remix w/KDE 4. Activated the unsupported updates (backports) and pulled in a large number of upgrades and a few installs (over 53 in all). After rebooting, knotify4 was consuming 100% of my first cpu! I killed that process (killall knotify4). Konqueror has some 'anomalies' that are annoying, one of which, is that switching to a new window (in this Forum) cpu usage goes WAY up for a few seconds. By way up, I mean over 50% cpu usage on both cpu's!

Anyone experience this?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: High CPU demand w/KDE 4.0.3

Not really an answer or anything, but I have similar problem with my knotfy...
    It's eats alot of RAM and on Shutdown it crashes... But CPU is not real problem...
    But Konqueror does not use that much of a RAM on my Computer it goes 17% of CPE in Ksysguard...
    But I use 4.0.4 KDE and have an System monitor plasma widget to monitor my cpu, ram and swap.
    And the CPU part is always going up and down and my RAM is slowly building up...
    While I was writing this i updated some thing more or less it was something about Open Office but also something else.
    Guess what now my Kopete eats 40% to 50% of CPE...
    So I guess it's the latest update that does this, now if I would remember what was it...
    UPDATE:
    I restarted my Kopete and now it works fine, but Konqueror goes up to 23% when opening new tab...
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Re: High CPU demand w/KDE 4.0.3

Same here about KNotify crashing on boot up and Shutdown. I also noticed I have to different versions running -KNotify and KNotify4. Don't know which should actually be running or if they both need to be.

Comment

Working...
      X