Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't increase the number of virtual desktops to see the compiz cube....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't increase the number of virtual desktops to see the compiz cube....

Hi, I have a Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE 3.5.9 on a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Xi1546 (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon X1800). It was a clean install not an upgrade from Gutsy if it has any meaning. My problem is that I can't increase the number of virtual desktops from 2 (default) to 4 so that I can enjoy the compiz cube.... Every time I try to increase the desktops when I press the Apply button it goes back to 2 desktops again! I think it might be a bug, or I am very stupid. Please help...

Oh, in Gutsy I still couldn't increase the virtual desktops to 4 but it didnt mind because I didnt have compiz installed. I hope this help.

Re: Can't increase the number of virtual desktops to see the compiz cube....

I had the same problem. Thankfully I got some help on this forum.
    Originally posted by Snowhog
    First, right-click on your desktop and select Configure Desktop > Multiple Desktops and set Number of Destops to 1
    Second, in CCSM select General Options > Desktop Size and set Horizontal Virtual Size to 4 and Virtual Vertical Size to 1

Enjoy your cube! 8)
    I think you'll have your cube working in no time!
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Re: Can't increase the number of virtual desktops to see the compiz cube....

Hey, thanks for your fast responce. Your solution works. Thank you very much!!

Comment

Working...
      X