This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error on dolphin windows close + Screensaver quit auto +:

Okay My screensaver is now working like it should, I accidently thought I saw it go to the screensaver auto-matically and then I went out to wash my father's car, while I left it set for over 15m as I have it set to auto begin, and 1sec to ask for a/the pw to continue. Well I came back and it was on and locked.

Okay 1 down and two to go I think as I haven't yet tested Pidgin nor seen it auto-away, so we'll see.

edit2: okay pidgin now goes away like it should so two down + 1 to go - only the dolphin error thing is left.
    Orig: post below:

"Unable to save bookmarks in /home/nowshining/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/bookmarks.xml. Reported error was: Permission denied. This error message will only be shown once. The cause of the error needs to be fixed as quickly as possible, which is most likely a full hard drive."

This was suppose to be fixed about 6months ago and I got as far as I know of this post - all updates - checked/installed yesterday/hours ago, and this still comes up.

Yes I tried sudo chown -R username:username pathtofolder however it works fine up till I do a sudo dolphin and it does it again, I tried deleting it, etc..and it stil continues.

Next problem is that my screensaver quit comming up automatically - I got it set to lock and blank screen,I went in one time and accidently un-checked to start after X + auto-lock and it came up fine but un-locked.

Also pidgin I got set to after X minutes to change status to away and it quit doing that too. :/

Other than that & updating pango a week ago, + glib + gtk installing and it now changing the bar from blue stripped like in win98 like I have to all grey, and of course the menus on the pango programs looking a bit un-intergrated from the problem. Everything is fine.

No, the Screensaver + pidgin + dolphin problems happened way before I updated pango, glib, etc..

so anyone out there know what could be causing these problems & know a fix or something to try?
    Wanna know more about Me and My computer then click here
Working...
X