This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switching to KDE

Several kernels ago I loaded KDE over Gnome. I am currently using Hardy Beta. How do I switch from the Gnome desktop to KDE?? I've forgotten.

Re: switching to KDE

Hello there

I am new here but I too shuffle back and for with gnome and kde

During your login where you type your name and password before you hit enter in the lower part of that same scrren there is a little notebook looking thing click that and you there can choose your session type

gnome
    kde
    failsafe
    and some thing else cant remember select the one you want to boot to ..

I think you can also change while already logged in but click shut down then brings a window where you can shut down or change session

Hope this helps

Comment

It has been a while but I beleave you have to remove ubuntu-desktop and a few apps:
      http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...02&postcount=2

I hope this helps and welcome to the party
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

If it is just KDE that you have installed and you wish to have gnome also, then try this:

Code:
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get ubuntu-desktop
        Hopefully within the list of sessions on your login prompt, you should see gnome.

Comment

Actually what I did was to install the kde meta package over gnome probably using synaptic. I really want to make KDE my default environment, not necessarily remove gnome for now. I probably have my system pretty cluttered up but it is working ok. I am using hardy heron beta and so far so good.

Comment

Working...
          X