This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autostarting KDE3 apps under KDE4 = problems

Since the applications Basket, Korganizer and Akregator haven't been ported to KDE4 yet, I still use the KDE3 versions. I like to put them in ~/.kde4/Autostart so they start when I log in.

But the problem is that, the first time I log in after computer boot/reboot, these apps will not embed themself on the system tray (that's what it's called right? Where small icons appear?). But instead their tray icons get a window frame around them. (The KDE4-version of kmix works ok; I havent tested more KDE4-apps since it seems KDE3 is the problem here.)
    If I log out and log in again, they start as they should.

Anyone else noticed this, and more important, anyone have a hint of what's going on?
    My theory is that it has something to do with the sockets and/or temp directories created in /tmp (because after a reboot, they don't exist, and after logged out they exist and are thus available for use for the KDE3 apps the next time I login). But have no idea how to go further with that theory.

The files which I put in ~/.kde4/Autostart looks like this:
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Type=Application
    Exec=basket --start-hidden
    Icon=basket
    Name=BasKet Note Pads
    X-KDE-autostart-phase=2
    X-KDE-StartupNotify=false
    As you can see, I tried to delay the startup of Basket by putting "X-KDE-autostart-phase=2" in there, but it helps not.

And it doesn't help if I, instead of a desktop-file, put a link to the application or a shell script to start it, in the Autostart directory.
    Kubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) user
Working...
X