Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Office Updates -- Notice Anything Unusual?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Office Updates -- Notice Anything Unusual?

After last night's updates (this morning Eastern Time) I attempted to open the OO spreadsheet to update something --- got an interesting surprise. I'm posting this under KDE since I assume it is related to KDE4, but it also could be a Hardy Heron issue.

No more word processor, no more spreadsheet -- not sure what else disappeared.

EDIT: A little further investigation reveals that openoffice.org is no longer installed, and when marked for installation reports BREAK, so apparently there is a dependency issue at this time. Some parts of the OO suite remain installed, including presentation. Prolly a 24-hour exercise of patience will sort this.

Re: Open Office Updates -- Notice Anything Unusual?

Hi dible, my OO is still there on HH/kde3/kde4 after todays update/grade.

Were you on the kde4 alpha when this happened?
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

In GG, KDE4, it opens for me, but it has no theme, and I can't use any of the pull down menus in the toolbar. Could it be a compiz problem? In a few minutes I'm going to restart in KDE 3.5 and see what happens there.

Comment

I have the normal issue of the OO Splash staying on the Desktop but the installed applications are still there.

Comment

OO does not work with compiz running in KDE4 or KDE 3.5. The program opens without a theme and you can't use the pull down menues.

Everything works fine if you turn off compiz
          Code:
          kwin --replace

Comment

I'm not running Compiz when testing this in KDE4, but do have KDE's "Desktop Enhancements" on. Can that cause the same issue?

Comment

OK, a little more investigating. I fired up my laptop, running kde 3.5 with HH. OO works fine. I ran the updates. OO still works fine, even with compiz on. The big difference here is KDE4. It has never been installed on the laptop, but has been installed on the desktop. The desktop is running GG with KDE 4 or KDE 3.5 and compiz. OO has problems unless I tun off compiz in KDE 3.5.

I have not tried it with compiz off in KDE4.

I think I will wait a couple of days to see if it gets fixed with updates, meanwhile, I'll just turn off compiz to work in OO on the desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan

Were you on the kde4 alpha when this happened?

YES, KDE 4.01/4.02 on Hardy Heron Alpha 5 and compiz is enabled on my system. There have always been some window decoration issues with OO, when compiz was enabled, but today's problem is not that. The updates apparently removed most of OO, and as I reported there is a dependency issue with re-installing the package openoffice.org. I didn't have time this morning to run apt-get upgrade or I probably could have seen the specific dependency problem.

Comment

Okay, I am going to install the kde4 alpha over the weekend.
                  Todays (thi afterneeonmy time) HH upgrades gave a whole load of OO stuff.

I hope the alpha gets sorted.
                  HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
                  X