This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Another Stupid Question - but please answer if u can

OK. With this update to 3.5.9, all is great no complaints. I did notice, however, that my Panel connection "System Menu" now has a "Documents Folder" link. It evidently points to a new folder that was created in my home directory called "Documents". Can I change this pointer? If so, I know it has to be a configuration file somewhere, but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know?

Re: Another Stupid Question - but please answer if u can

OK. I did finally find where that is controlled from: "/usr/share/apps/systemview/"

But the "documents.desktop" file that is used to control that links to "kio_system_documenthelper" script which I did find, but wasn't really clear on how to change the path to what I want it to. So the best option I had was to move it out of the directory one level up (so I can find it latter if I wanted to). In order to do that you do have to have root privileges. I'll consider this solved.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Another Stupid Question - but please answer if u can

Actually I've have found that if you delete those Auto Generated folders in your Home folder such as "Documents" and log off and then back in, it will remove that entry. More likely due to that "kio_system_documenthelper" script. It didn't see it, so it said not to display it!

If you use those Folders, don't delete them!!! I only did because I have my own file structure I use.

Comment

The package that creates the directories is 'xdg-user-dirs'

I'm not too fond of "forcing" directory structure on users, but luckily you can remove the directories or substitute your own structure for apps that are aware of xdg-user-dirs. The config file is in ~/.config/user-dirs.dirs

Comment

Thanks! I was wondering where and what that was called.

Comment

Working...
          X