This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE4 and screen res

Hi i am using KDE3.5 fine and have an nvidia card, which was picked up by the restricted driver manager and thinks work fine, i am trying out the KDE4 desktop but the resolution is not good, and it will not give me an option of 1280x800 ( my current KDE res ). Does KDE4 have a way of fixing this or do i have to edit the xorg file or just wait till its bugs are sorted out?
    Thanks:<br />Using a Toshiba A300-21H ,3GB ram,Intel Core2Duo 2Ghz,Mobile Intel® GMA 4500MHD,intel wifi link 5100. Tux wants you!

Re: KDE4 and screen res

Check in KMenu>System and see if there is an Nvidia-Settings icon in there. If yes, then do Alt-F2 "kdesu nvidia-settings" to run it in Super User mode. Now click the "X Configuration" menu item so you get a panel that shows screen resoltion. Click "detect displays" then set the resolution, and leave the refresh on "auto". Click the button in the lower right called "Save to X Configuration File" and then "save" and then you can restart the X server with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and it should come up in your chosen resolution.

Comment

Working...
    X