X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John McAfee hanged himself

apparently to avoid extradition to the US to face tax evasion charges

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...on-extradition
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Whacked! McAfee made sure people knew he wouldn't end it himself. And, not sure how true, but he claimed to have over 31 terabytes of incriminating data on prominent people stored in various places around the world and his death would trigger a "dead man's switch." Perhaps we shall see.

-=Ken=-
    -=Ken=-
    "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
    DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Mcaffee was certainly whacked. Don't do drugs. Tax evading millionaire threatens people with data he acquired with his spyware program?

Comment

McAfee was on the crazy side himself. He got in trouble in Costa Rica when he wouldn't play ball with the local government. I suspect that most proprietary AV software doubled as spyware as well. They can't operate without admin or root permission, which gives them the keys to the kingdom. Every email you write, every login name and password you use, were you browse, what you buy and sell ... Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter and the rest do the same. I mentioned in an old thread that my son gave me an Amazon Echo Dot for my birthday in 2018. We had it for less than a month. My wife and I were discussing emergency ladders to get out of our 2nd floor balcony. We decided against it because neither of us are strong enough to climb over the rail and down the ladder, so we dropped the idea. Within a few days I started seeing ads in my browser about emergency ladders. That's when I pulled the plug, put it back in the box and stored it in the close. This spring my wife "gifted" it as a birthday gift to our oldest grandson, who is an Apple Mac fan and doesn't care about his privacy. Ya, we're cheep!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Maybe a virus got into his head.
          Boot Info Script

Comment

Comment

Latest word I got is that he is in the witness protection program, Just like Epstein!
              -=Ken=-
              "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
              DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Ya, I've heard that, but even the US gov isn't that crazy, IMO. Close, but not quite there.

Comment

Working...
                X