Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the official release of 21.10 is just around the corner - I have to say that this testing period has been the most enjoyable that I've followed from start to finish. The developers did an amazing job this cycle.

I've been running as close to Rolling Release/Bleeding Edge as possible (using the pre-release and staging repos most of the time, as well as the latest RC kernel - currently the latest 5.15) and 21.10 has been excellent all the way! (Just wish this was Groovy Gorilla - the name I've liked the best thus far)

Comment

Originally posted by MeMyself View Post
      As the official release of 21.10 is just around the corner - I have to say that this testing period has been the most enjoyable that I've followed from start to finish. The developers did an amazing job this cycle.

I've been running as close to Rolling Release/Bleeding Edge as possible (using the pre-release and staging repos most of the time, as well as the latest RC kernel - currently the latest 5.15) and 21.10 has been excellent all the way! (Just wish this was Groovy Gorilla - the name I've liked the best thus far)
      I agree that this has been an incredibly stable release cycle and the developers have done an amazing job with 21.10.

There is only one pre-release package that I have avoided and that is the plasma 5.23 beta. A projection with LibreOffice Impress has both the projection control overlaid on the projection on the External Monitor. I have tried removing LibreOffice using:
      Code:
      sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice-core
      sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice*
      sudo apt autoremove
      sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice/libreoffice-prereleases
      When I installed LibreOffice again, I found that the pre-release failed on projection in the same way that the standard version had done.

I hope the plasma beta gets fixed before release of 21.10, If not, it should not be included in the release of 21.10.

Comment

Impish Indri has now been released.

I and many others have been following the progress of Impish for many months and thankfully throughout this period the system continued to be as solid as a rock.

For the record, the 1 Month status on my system compared with what it is now is shown below:

1 Month to go My Release Status
        KDE Plasma Version 5.22.5 5.22.5
        KDE Frameworks Version 5.86 5.87
        QT Version 5.15.2 5.15.2
        Kernel Version 5.13.0-16-generic 5.13.0-19-generic
        I have not added any upgrades to KDE Plasma because of the problems that I have had with the 5.23 beta when using LibreOffice Impress. This has been reported by me previously on this forum.

I hope there are many who are willing to take the plunge and upgrade their system to Impish Indri even though it is not an LTS.

Comment

I've opened the 21.10 forums. Thanks for the reminder!
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            I've opened the 21.10 forums. Thanks for the reminder!
            Looks like you and others have been working very hard and I am glad that I can help in some small way.

Comment

Looks like the name for the next distribution has now been decided. It is Jammy Jellyfish and it will be the next LTS. Since Impish Indri had such a stable development period I am looking forward to participating in the development of 22.04 and hopefully no one gets stung by the Jellyfish tentacles.

The announcement can be found at; https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/10/...ammy-jellyfish

Comment

BTW, in the updates on Saturday /usr/share/distro-info/ubuntu.csv was updated and I noticed that, so had a look and a line for jammy is in it.
                Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
                X