This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Noob to Expert

I don't know where else to post this question, and it's too open ended for a concise forum post, so I figured the Cafe was the next best place.

As the post title indicates, I'm a Noob for about the last 10 years. But, I don't want to be a noob anymore. I just don't know where to start.

I'm interested in building a new Desktop PC with only Kubuntu as the OS. I did this about 10 years ago, and it was largely successful. The PC was damaged in a flooding event and I never replaced it. I've been using leftover laptops and just installing Kubuntu on those with the bootable USB. I even tried Groovy on my 2013 Macbook, and it's been nearly perfect since the install. A couple of hiccups, but it's working great. I can't take any credit, it's all thanks to the Kubuntu developers.

That said, I want to be more than a "noob", but I have no idea where to start. I have been researching hardware for my next build, and I have found that there are tons of incompatibilities. So finding the right hardware combination is an effort, but one that I'm ill-equipped to take on right now.

I'm NOT asking anyone to give me a build list. That's just silly.

I am trying to learn more about the Linux operating system/kernel, why it does what it does, and how it's different than other OS. More importantly, I want to understand how the OS interacts with the hardware, so that I can figure out what is important in my hardware selection and what is not.

After all that, and my long-winded introduction; my question is, Where do I start? Is there advanced Kubuntu/Ubuntu documentation that I can review? Can I just volunteer to be a developer and learn as I go?

If you've had the patience to read this far, thank you for your time. And thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,

YouTube has a lot of videos on the subject. Type in Linux for Beginners and you'll get a whole lot of tutorials--I've just checked it out. A suggestion: try 'The Complete Linux Course, Beginner to Power User.' I downloaded that awhile ago and it should suit your needs.
    Last edited by oldgeek; Feb 20, 2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your post @gshockxcc. We have a good set of knowledgeable members who can offer assistance (I'm not in their class).

If you're going to be building your own system, please let us know whether you are aiming at a desktop or a laptop. I've built both, back in the day, but today I would recommend going to a laptop platform.

There are plenty of used systems out there if you want to keep costs lower, however laptops do limit your choices on what kinds of components you can install. That being said, I'd still go with the laptop.

I've had many laptops and suggest that you stay with one of the major manufacturers. Hp, Compac, etc. There are some caveats to watch for, such as compatible drivers for video and wifi. For example, my current laptop is an HP Pavilion and it has an older Broadcom wifi chip (bcm43142) which is simply not supported by Linux drivers. I use an external USB wifi adapter instead.

As you shop, please do feel free to ask for feedback on makes and models. Members are more than willing to offer their opinions .

[edit] my laptop is the HP Pavilion (not Latitude)
      Last edited by TWPonKubuntu; Feb 20, 2021, 10:37 PM. Reason: Wrong model name
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Originally posted by gshockxcc View Post
        ... I have been researching hardware for my next build, and I have found that there are tons of incompatibilities.
        I'm surprised to hear that. Hardware incompatibilities are important for laptops and pre-builts, but for a desktop built with discrete components I'd check a GPU and maybe search a motherboard model with "linux". Maybe naivety is showing.

Which neatly leads to a reply to your main question. We're all noobs, in some sense. I most definitely am a noob. No-one can be an expert in everything, especially the deep stack that is Kubuntu. (At the bottom there's semiconductor physics and silicon, through lots of electronics, OS, graphics, UI...)

My prejudice, if you can call it that, is that the truly "noob" is the one who does not firstly think, and secondly search, and thirdly ask. And I observe myself and see that that prejudice is unfair, I don't know that person's circumstances.

If you've got the time, I suggest lurking in kubuntuforums.net, affectionately known as KFN. I've learned heaps here.
        Last edited by jlittle; Feb 20, 2021, 04:27 PM. Reason: encoding glitch
        Regards, John Little

Comment

As the post title indicates, I'm a Noob for about the last 10 years. But, I don't want to be a noob anymore. I just don't know where to start.

I'm interested in building a new Desktop PC with only Kubuntu as the OS.
          That said, I want to be more than a "noob", but I have no idea where to start. I have been researching hardware for my next build, and I have found that there are tons of incompatibilities. So finding the right hardware combination is an effort, but one that I'm ill-equipped to take on right now.
          Do you want to build BOTH your PC and Kubuntu from source as well?

Building Kubuntu from source is well beyond your capabilities if you do not have programming fu. So I am going to assume you will be installing from an ISO that you downloaded.

The next question is "What is your use case?" Gaming? Accounting? Just browsing and emailing? Learning and practicing programming and database administration? Which hardware you choose depends on your use case.

Ubuntu lumps desktops and laptops into one catagory: Desktops. Canonical created a certification page on which they list makes and models they have certified to run with Ubuntu 20.04: https://certification.ubuntu.com/desktop
          which is their list of manufacturers who ship their computers preloaded with Ubuntu. These are new or relatively new machines. IF you choose an older Ubuntu ISO then the list of machines are those released at the same time as the ISO that were also preinstalled with Ubuntu. Following the ISO releases into the past gives you a collection of hardware that is compatible with Ubuntu. My laptop is an Acer Aspire V3-771G, which I purchased new in 2012. It has run every release of Kubuntu since 9.04 Alpha flawlessly, and continues to this day running 20.04.2. Since 2004 I've only used Acer hardware and have never had problems with it. But, I've also installed Kubuntu on Samsung, Toshiba, HP, Dell and other hardware for various folks and had equal success with those makes.

An ISO is a window on the world of Linux. Even at a size of 4GB+ it is too small to include the drivers for every make and model of every computer ever made. Computers released after the ISO was released may have hardware problems because drivers for the new hardware weren't available when the ISO was released. And, to make room for hardware most recently released before the ISO was, drivers for older hardware are removed, reducing the ISO's compatibility with older hardware. A prime example is the removal of 32bit kernels and drivers.
          Thus, sometime in the future I expect my 2012 Acer, which is currently working perfectly with the 20.04 release, to fall out of the compatibility windows and I'll be stuck with the last version that still runs on my hardware. But, I'm 79 so my hardware may outlive me.

IMO, and for DIY purposes, a desktop is more practical for "build it yourself" projects. You can choose your case, your mobo, your CPU, your GPU, your RAM, your drives, your display, your WIFI, your printer, your keyboard, your mouse, your UPS, etc... Your tradeoffs will be price vs compatibility, and you'll have to do Internet research on each component to make sure it is Ubuntu 20.04 compatible.

I am trying to learn more about the Linux operating system/kernel, why it does what it does, and how it's different than other OS. More importantly, I want to understand how the OS interacts with the hardware, so that I can figure out what is important in my hardware selection and what is not.

After all that, and my long-winded introduction; my question is, Where do I start? Is there advanced Kubuntu/Ubuntu documentation that I can review? Can I just volunteer to be a developer and learn as I go?

If you've had the patience to read this far, thank you for your time. And thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,
          Learn more about the Linux OS? If you are going to go to all that time and trouble why not simple study for a Linux A+ certificate and formalize your knowledge? Here's a link to a study guide on Amazon.
          A link to a bunch of Linux related books on Amazon is here.
          Have fun and good luck!
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Brilliant. Thank you, sir. That's a tremendous help.

Comment

TWP, thanks for the comments. I tend to go the opposite direction and prefer the Desktops. I'm also partial to the AMD chips, and I've been looking at the Ryzen chipsets. Selecting the MoBo, graphics cards, and memory is where things start to get messy for me. I will post back with some specifics and go from there. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Jlittle, could be my naivete as well. The reason I stated the incompatibilities is because I selected a chip (AMD Ryzen), then a MoBo (ASUS - don't recall the model), and then started picking some RAM. I was using Newegg's Build a PC tool. When I got to the RAM, I wanted 64 for some advanced computations, ANSYS, Matlab, Octave, etc. I also wanted to use the Desktop as a server for OpenVPN, so I can access my home network from away when I'm traveling for work (I still don't know how to do that yet). But the G.Skill RAM that I wanted wasn't one of the approved models for the MoBo mfr. So I had to keep going back and forth between the available RAM options and the verified RAM according to ASUS for that model MOBO. I reconfigured a couple of times and found that I was always in some kind of situation where the RAM I wanted wasn't verified for the board I had selected. I also found that once I changed to a board that worked the AMD chip that I had selected didn't work with that board, so I had to select another model, and all the available options were out of stock. After a couple of hours, I figured that I better know WHY I was selecting the hardware, instead of just guessing because it looked good in the box, or the name sounded cool.

Ryzen. G.Skill. How can you go wrong?

Or, maybe I just have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm showing my ignorance on the internet for all to see.

I'm down for "lurking" in KFN. Whether I've got time or not is another story.

Thanks for all the comments. I truly appreciate you taking the time.

Comment

GG,
                  Obviously, I do not have programming "fu". I'm not even sure what that is. I think it's a joke, alluding to the idea that programming is like kung fu, and you need to have skills to battle in this domain. I don't. So my "fu" is not strong ... if I even have it.

Someday, yes, I would like to build a linux system from scratch, but I'm not there yet. I don't even understand why I like Linux (Kubuntu) better than windows. I just know that I do because it "works", and things don't break unless I break them.

My used case is engineering computations, ANSYS, Matlab, Octave, thermodynamics, chemistry, etc.

I'm running Groovy (20.10) on an HP Pavillion laptop, and a Dell Vostro 1520, circa 2009. Both seem to be working perfectly as well. I have been running some form of Ubuntu since 2007, but I honestly can't remember what versions.

This gets at the hear of my question:
                  you'll have to do Internet research on each component to make sure it is Ubuntu 20.04 compatible.
                  How do I do that? I know, that sounds like a stupid question, but for someone who's never looked into this before, I don't know what I'm searching for. Do I just do a simple internet search for "will AMD Ryzen chip work on Ubuntu 20.10"? Or is there something specific that I'm looking for when I find the chip specs?

Don't get me wrong, Ubuntu has been near bullet proof right out of the box, so to speak. Anything that wasn't working, as long as I had an internet connection, I could use the forums, find packages, etc, and get it working. But I don't want to get "unlucky" and box myself into a corner by getting a chip and mobo with RAM or a graphics card that doesn't play nice.

Learn more about the Linux OS? If you are going to go to all that time and trouble why not simple study for a Linux A+ certificate and formalize your knowledge? Here's a link to a study guide on Amazon.
                  A link to a bunch of Linux related books on Amazon is here.
                  Have fun and good luck!
                  That's a great idea. I didn't even know that was an option. If I can make the time, I might just do that. I'm not trying to start a new profession, but I want to know as much as I can - what is practical for my needs.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Tremendous help.

Comment

GG,
                    Obviously, I do not have programming "fu". I'm not even sure what that is. I think it's a joke, alluding to the idea that programming is like kung fu, and you need to have skills to battle in this domain. I don't. So my "fu" is not strong ... if I even have it.
                    Your intuition about "fu" was spot on!

Someday, yes, I would like to build a linux system from scratch, but I'm not there yet. I don't even understand why I like Linux (Kubuntu) better than windows. I just know that I do because it "works", and things don't break unless I break them.
                    That's been my experience with Kubuntu since 2009. I do a lot of tweaking and experimenting. This evening I noticed that ".../snapd" was in my PATH environment variable. I'd purged snap and chromium from my system and removed all of their services. I edited "/etc/environment" to remove it and noticed that ":/sbin:" was in PATH too. Never saw that before. So, I took it out and deleted that link (/sbin --> /usr/sbin). Then I logged out. Couldn't log back in and rebooting didn't help. So, I booted from the LiveUSB stick I ALWAYS keep in my pants watch pocket. Once I had a desktop I opened a Konsole and "sudo -i" to root. There I did "blkid" to make sure the LiveUSB could see my drives and then used "mount /dev/sda1 /mnt" to mount my system. With it mounted I did "mv /mnt/@ /mnt/@old" and then "btrfs su snapshot /mnt/@_rw /mnt@". The @_rw subvolume is my instant backup of my @ subvolume. I shutdown, removed the LiveUSB stick and rebooted. Things came back up normally. Ya gotta love BTRFS! I did some looking around about the /sbin link and found this. Never noticed those links till this evening.

My used case is engineering computations, ANSYS, Matlab, Octave, thermodynamics, chemistry, etc.
                    Quickly let me say that you'll need at least an 8 core CPU (each core is a thread, 16 core if you can afford it), at least 16GB of RAM (32 or 64 would be better) and an Nvidia GPU with as much RAM on it as you can afford. GPU's make great compuational engines!

WOOT! A man after my own heart! I taught Gen Chem, Org Chem, Physics, Calc I, II and III, DiffEq, Anatomy&Physiology and Microbiology (I have major hours in all those fields) as an Assoc Prof of Science at nearby college for 10 years. Thermo is one of my favorite interests.

For several years I used Maxima, then I switched to Sage. Sage was great until it was switched to requiring a cloud account. About a year ago I was casting about for something to replace Sage (which is an awesome tool if you don't mind having your stuff in the cloud. It also is geared for a classroom environment where students create subaccounts under their teacher's account and he can monitor them all.) and saw a YT video by Giles McMullen-Klein, a PhD in Physics. He uses Anaconda with Python. A list of his videos is here. I was intrigued and watch several of his videos relating to Anaconda and Python as tools for data analysis, graphing, tensorflow analysis, and a host of other topics. There are a lot of Anaconda YT videos that explain about everything from installation to building a UFO ... well, not that far, yet.

Also, Anaconda comes with Jupyter as the notebook front end to a variety of math, data and science libraries. I just love it! It's not in the repository but you can get it from here:
                    https://linuxhint.com/install-anacon...hon-on-ubuntu/

The software is here: https://repo.anaconda.com/archive/An...inux-x86_64.sh
                    It is an sh script. I followed the steps listed on the linuxhints.com page and they worked beautifully. Once installed, all updating and library downloads are handled from within Anaconda.

I'm running Groovy (20.10) on an HP Pavillion laptop, and a Dell Vostro 1520, circa 2009. Both seem to be working perfectly as well. I have been running some form of Ubuntu since 2007, but I honestly can't remember what versions.

This gets at the hear of my question:

How do I do that? I know, that sounds like a stupid question, but for someone who's never looked into this before, I don't know what I'm searching for. Do I just do a simple internet search for "will AMD Ryzen chip work on Ubuntu 20.10"? Or is there something specific that I'm looking for when I find the chip specs?

Don't get me wrong, Ubuntu has been near bullet proof right out of the box, so to speak. Anything that wasn't working, as long as I had an internet connection, I could use the forums, find packages, etc, and get it working. But I don't want to get "unlucky" and box myself into a corner by getting a chip and mobo with RAM or a graphics card that doesn't play nice.

That's a great idea. I didn't even know that was an option. If I can make the time, I might just do that. I'm not trying to start a new profession, but I want to know as much as I can - what is practical for my needs.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Tremendous help.
                    Searching on the Internet is an art. You can being by using the phrase "how to use Google to search the internet" on Google. (I prefer StartPage or DuckDuckGo because they don't track your internet usage).
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

... Matlab, Octave ...
                      Consider replacing those with R, IM(very limited)E nicer.
                      Regards, John Little

Comment

Indeed! Anaconda includes R, and much, much more.
                        One can install R in conda by using:
                        conda install r-essentials

I used the information on this page to install Anaconda:
                        https://www.digitalocean.com/communi...n-ubuntu-20-04

Here is the Anaconda Individual Edition documentation: https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/
                        Here is a handy Anaconda cheat sheet: https://docs.conda.io/projects/conda...heatsheet.html

If one likes the CLI then "conda" is the tool to use. For those liking a GUI then anaconda-navigator is for them. One can install the GUI by using
                        conda install -c anaconda anaconda-navigator

To update conda one uses
                        conda update conda

and to update anaconda one uses
                        conda update anaconda

One can create customized environments and call them independently. Each can have their own libraries, tools and Python version. The base environment is called "base"
                        Code:
                        [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#5454ff][B]~/Documents/PythonProjects[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]$ conda env list [/COLOR]
                        # conda environments: 
                        # 
                        base                  *  /home/jerry/anaconda3[/FONT]
                        I can start an environment by using conda:
                        conda activate base
                        and deactivate it by using
                        conda deactivate

One can create an environment using
                        conda create --name my_env python=3
                        (python is set to three because the dev environment is "anaconda3. Ubuntu default python version is 3.7)

Then, activate it using conda activate my_env
                        Once active you can add or remove libararies to create just the environment you want.

To start Jupyter:
                        First, activate an environment. Start FireFox Then issue
                        jupyter notebook
                        It will have the following URL: http://localhost:8888/tree
                        To close it hit the Quit button, then the "x" on the box saying it has shut down, then delete the tab it is in.

Here is what my Anaconda listing contains:
                        Code:
                        [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#5454ff][B]~/Documents/PythonProjects[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]$ conda list [/COLOR]
                        # packages in environment at /home/jerry/anaconda3: 
                        # 
                        # Name                    Version                   Build  Channel 
                        _anaconda_depends         2020.07                  py38_0   
                        _ipyw_jlab_nb_ext_conf    0.1.0                    py38_0   
                        _libgcc_mutex             0.1                        main   
                        _r-mutex                  1.0.0               anacondar_1   
                        _tflow_select             2.3.0                       mkl   
                        absl-py                   0.11.0             pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        aiohttp                   3.6.3            py38h7b6447c_0   
                        alabaster                 0.7.12             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        anaconda                  custom                   py38_1   
                        anaconda-client           1.7.2                    py38_0   
                        anaconda-doc              2020.11                       0   
                        anaconda-navigator        1.10.0                   py38_0    anaconda 
                        anaconda-project          0.9.1              pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        appdirs                   1.4.4                      py_0   
                        argh                      0.26.2                   py38_0   
                        argon2-cffi               20.1.0           py38h7b6447c_1   
                        asn1crypto                1.4.0                      py_0   
                        astroid                   2.4.2                    py38_0   
                        astropy                   4.2              py38h27cfd23_0   
                        astunparse                1.6.3                      py_0   
                        async-timeout             3.0.1            py38h06a4308_0   
                        async_generator           1.10               pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        asyncpg                   0.21.0           py38h7b6447c_0    anaconda 
                        atomicwrites              1.4.0                      py_0   
                        attrs                     20.3.0             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        autopep8                  1.5.4                      py_0   
                        babel                     2.9.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        backcall                  0.2.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        backports                 1.0                pyhd3eb1b0_2   
                        backports.functools_lru_cache 1.6.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        backports.shutil_get_terminal_size 1.0.0              pyhd3eb1b0_3   
                        backports.tempfile        1.0                pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        backports.weakref         1.0.post1                  py_1   
                        beautifulsoup4            4.9.3              pyha847dfd_0   
                        benfordslaw               1.0.1                    pypi_0    pypi 
                        binutils_impl_linux-64    2.31.1               h6176602_1   
                        binutils_linux-64         2.31.1               h6176602_9   
                        bitarray                  1.6.3            py38h27cfd23_1   
                        bkcharts                  0.2                      py38_0   
                        black                     19.10b0                    py_0   
                        blas                      1.0                         mkl   
                        bleach                    3.2.3              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        blinker                   1.4              py38h06a4308_0   
                        blosc                     1.20.1               hd408876_0   
                        bokeh                     2.2.3                    py38_0   
                        boto                      2.49.0                   py38_0   
                        bottleneck                1.3.2            py38heb32a55_1   
                        brotli                    1.0.9                he6710b0_2   
                        brotlipy                  0.7.0           py38h27cfd23_1003   
                        brunsli                   0.1                  h2531618_0   
                        bwidget                   1.9.11                        1   
                        bzip2                     1.0.8                h7b6447c_0   
                        c-ares                    1.17.1               h27cfd23_0   
                        ca-certificates           2021.1.19            h06a4308_0   
                        cachetools                4.2.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        cairo                     1.14.12              h8948797_3   
                        certifi                   2020.12.5        py38h06a4308_0   
                        cffi                      1.14.4           py38h261ae71_0   
                        chardet                   3.0.4           py38h06a4308_1003   
                        charls                    2.1.0                he6710b0_2   
                        click                     7.1.2              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        cloudpickle               1.6.0                      py_0   
                        clyent                    1.2.2                    py38_1   
                        colorama                  0.4.4              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        conda                     4.9.2            py38h06a4308_0   
                        conda-build               3.20.5                   py38_1   
                        conda-env                 2.6.0                         1   
                        conda-package-handling    1.7.2            py38h03888b9_0   
                        conda-verify              3.4.2                      py_1   
                        contextlib2               0.6.0.post1                py_0   
                        cryptography              3.3.1            py38h3c74f83_0   
                        curl                      7.69.1               hbc83047_0    anaconda 
                        cycler                    0.10.0                   py38_0   
                        cython                    0.29.21          py38h2531618_0   
                        cytoolz                   0.11.0           py38h7b6447c_0   
                        dask                      2021.1.1           pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        dask-core                 2021.1.1           pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        dbus                      1.13.18              hb2f20db_0   
                        decorator                 4.4.2              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        defusedxml                0.6.0                      py_0   
                        diff-match-patch          20200713                   py_0   
                        distributed               2021.1.1         py38h06a4308_1   
                        docutils                  0.16                     py38_1   
                        entrypoints               0.3                      py38_0   
                        et_xmlfile                1.0.1                   py_1001   
                        expat                     2.2.10               he6710b0_2   
                        fastcache                 1.1.0            py38h7b6447c_0   
                        fftw                      3.3.9                h27cfd23_1   
                        filelock                  3.0.12             pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        flake8                    3.8.4                      py_0   
                        flask                     1.1.2              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        fontconfig                2.13.0               h9420a91_0   
                        freetype                  2.10.4               h5ab3b9f_0   
                        fribidi                   1.0.10               h7b6447c_0   
                        fsspec                    0.8.3                      py_0   
                        future                    0.18.2                   py38_1   
                        gast                      0.3.3                      py_0   
                        gcc_impl_linux-64         7.3.0                habb00fd_1   
                        gcc_linux-64              7.3.0                h553295d_9   
                        get_terminal_size         1.0.0                haa9412d_0   
                        gevent                    21.1.1           py38h27cfd23_1   
                        gfortran_impl_linux-64    7.3.0                hdf63c60_1   
                        gfortran_linux-64         7.3.0                h553295d_9   
                        giflib                    5.1.4                h14c3975_1   
                        glib                      2.66.1               h92f7085_0   
                        glob2                     0.7                pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        gmp                       6.1.2                h6c8ec71_1   
                        gmpy2                     2.0.8            py38hd5f6e3b_3   
                        google-auth               1.24.0             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        google-auth-oauthlib      0.4.2              pyhd3eb1b0_2   
                        google-pasta              0.2.0                      py_0   
                        graphite2                 1.3.14               h23475e2_0   
                        greenlet                  1.0.0            py38h2531618_2   
                        grpcio                    1.31.0           py38hf8bcb03_0   
                        gsl                       2.4                  h14c3975_4   
                        gst-plugins-base          1.14.0               h8213a91_2   
                        gstreamer                 1.14.0               h28cd5cc_2   
                        gxx_impl_linux-64         7.3.0                hdf63c60_1   
                        gxx_linux-64              7.3.0                h553295d_9   
                        h5py                      2.10.0           py38h7918eee_0   
                        harfbuzz                  2.4.0                hca77d97_1   
                        hdf5                      1.10.4               hb1b8bf9_0   
                        heapdict                  1.0.1                      py_0   
                        html5lib                  1.1                        py_0   
                        icu                       58.2                 he6710b0_3   
                        idna                      2.10               pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        imagecodecs               2021.1.11        py38h581e88b_1   
                        imageio                   2.9.0                      py_0   
                        imagesize                 1.2.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        importlib-metadata        2.0.0                      py_1   
                        importlib_metadata        2.0.0                         1   
                        iniconfig                 1.1.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        intel-openmp              2020.2                      254   
                        intervaltree              3.1.0                      py_0   
                        ipykernel                 5.3.4            py38h5ca1d4c_0   
                        ipypm                     0.2.8                    pypi_0    pypi 
                        ipython                   7.19.0           py38hb070fc8_1   
                        ipython_genutils          0.2.0              pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        ipywidgets                7.6.3              pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        isort                     5.6.4                      py_0   
                        itsdangerous              1.1.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        jbig                      2.1                  hdba287a_0   
                        jdcal                     1.4.1                      py_0   
                        jedi                      0.17.2           py38h06a4308_1   
                        jeepney                   0.6.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        jinja2                    2.11.2             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        joblib                    1.0.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        jpeg                      9b                   h024ee3a_2   
                        json5                     0.9.5                      py_0   
                        jsonschema                3.2.0                      py_2   
                        jupyter                   1.0.0                    py38_7   
                        jupyter_client            6.1.7                      py_0   
                        jupyter_console           6.2.0                      py_0   
                        jupyter_core              4.7.0            py38h06a4308_0   
                        jupyterlab                2.2.6                      py_0   
                        jupyterlab_pygments       0.1.2                      py_0   
                        jupyterlab_server         1.2.0                      py_0   
                        jupyterlab_widgets        1.0.0              pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        jxrlib                    1.1                  h7b6447c_2   
                        keras                     2.4.3                         0    anaconda 
                        keras-base                2.4.3                      py_0   
                        keras-preprocessing       1.1.0                      py_1   
                        keyring                   22.0.1           py38h06a4308_0   
                        kiwisolver                1.3.0            py38h2531618_0   
                        krb5                      1.17.1               h173b8e3_0   
                        lazy-object-proxy         1.4.3            py38h27cfd23_2   
                        lcms2                     2.11                 h396b838_0   
                        ld_impl_linux-64          2.33.1               h53a641e_7   
                        lerc                      2.2.1                h2531618_0   
                        libaec                    1.0.4                he6710b0_1   
                        libarchive                3.4.2                h62408e4_0   
                        libcurl                   7.69.1               h20c2e04_0    anaconda 
                        libdeflate                1.7                  h27cfd23_5   
                        libedit                   3.1.20191231         h14c3975_1   
                        libffi                    3.3                  he6710b0_2   
                        libgcc-ng                 9.1.0                hdf63c60_0   
                        libgfortran-ng            7.3.0                hdf63c60_0   
                        liblief                   0.10.1               he6710b0_0   
                        libllvm10                 10.0.1               hbcb73fb_5   
                        libllvm9                  9.0.1                h4a3c616_1   
                        libpng                    1.6.37               hbc83047_0   
                        libpq                     12.2                 h20c2e04_0   
                        libprotobuf               3.13.0.1             hd408876_0   
                        libsodium                 1.0.18               h7b6447c_0   
                        libspatialindex           1.9.3                he6710b0_0   
                        libssh2                   1.9.0                h1ba5d50_1   
                        libstdcxx-ng              9.1.0                hdf63c60_0   
                        libtiff                   4.1.0                h2733197_1   
                        libtool                   2.4.6             h7b6447c_1005   
                        libuuid                   1.0.3                h1bed415_2   
                        libwebp                   1.0.1                h8e7db2f_0   
                        libxcb                    1.14                 h7b6447c_0   
                        libxml2                   2.9.10               hb55368b_3   
                        libxslt                   1.1.34               hc22bd24_0   
                        libzopfli                 1.0.3                he6710b0_0   
                        llvmlite                  0.34.0           py38h269e1b5_4   
                        locket                    0.2.1            py38h06a4308_1   
                        lxml                      4.6.2            py38h9120a33_0   
                        lz4-c                     1.9.3                h2531618_0   
                        lzo                       2.10                 h7b6447c_2   
                        make                      4.2.1                h1bed415_1   
                        markdown                  3.3.3            py38h06a4308_0   
                        markupsafe                1.1.1            py38h7b6447c_0   
                        matplotlib                3.3.2                h06a4308_0   
                        matplotlib-base           3.3.2            py38h817c723_0   
                        mccabe                    0.6.1                    py38_1   
                        mistune                   0.8.4           py38h7b6447c_1000   
                        mkl                       2020.2                      256   
                        mkl-service               2.3.0            py38he904b0f_0   
                        mkl_fft                   1.2.0            py38h23d657b_0   
                        mkl_random                1.1.1            py38h0573a6f_0   
                        mock                      4.0.3              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        more-itertools            8.6.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        mpc                       1.1.0                h10f8cd9_1   
                        mpfr                      4.0.2                hb69a4c5_1   
                        mpmath                    1.1.0                    py38_0   
                        msgpack-python            1.0.1            py38hff7bd54_0   
                        multidict                 4.7.6            py38h7b6447c_1   
                        multipledispatch          0.6.0                    py38_0   
                        mypy_extensions           0.4.3                    py38_0   
                        navigator-updater         0.2.1                    py38_0   
                        nbclient                  0.5.1                      py_0   
                        nbconvert                 6.0.7                    py38_0   
                        nbformat                  5.1.2              pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        ncurses                   6.2                  he6710b0_1   
                        nest-asyncio              1.4.3              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        networkx                  2.5                        py_0   
                        nltk                      3.5                        py_0   
                        nose                      1.3.7           pyhd3eb1b0_1006   
                        notebook                  6.2.0            py38h06a4308_0   
                        numba                     0.51.2           py38h0573a6f_1   
                        numexpr                   2.7.2            py38hb2eb853_0   
                        numpy                     1.19.2           py38h54aff64_0   
                        numpy-base                1.19.2           py38hfa32c7d_0   
                        numpydoc                  1.1.0              pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        oauthlib                  3.1.0                      py_0   
                        olefile                   0.46                       py_0   
                        openjpeg                  2.3.0                h05c96fa_1   
                        openpyxl                  3.0.6              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        openssl                   1.1.1i               h27cfd23_0   
                        opt_einsum                3.1.0                      py_0   
                        packaging                 20.9               pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        pandas                    1.2.1            py38ha9443f7_0   
                        pandoc                    2.11                 hb0f4dca_0   
                        pandocfilters             1.4.3            py38h06a4308_1   
                        pango                     1.45.3               hd140c19_0   
                        parso                     0.7.0                      py_0   
                        partd                     1.1.0                      py_0   
                        patchelf                  0.12                 h2531618_1   
                        path                      15.1.0           py38h06a4308_0   
                        path.py                   12.5.0                        0   
                        pathlib2                  2.3.5            py38h06a4308_2   
                        pathspec                  0.7.0                      py_0   
                        pathtools                 0.1.2                      py_1   
                        patsy                     0.5.1                    py38_0   
                        pcre                      8.44                 he6710b0_0   
                        pep8                      1.7.1                    py38_0   
                        pexpect                   4.8.0              pyhd3eb1b0_3   
                        pg8000                    1.16.6                     py_0   
                        pickleshare               0.7.5           pyhd3eb1b0_1003   
                        pillow                    8.1.0            py38he98fc37_0   
                        pip                       20.3.3           py38h06a4308_0   
                        pixman                    0.40.0               h7b6447c_0   
                        pkginfo                   1.7.0            py38h06a4308_0   
                        pluggy                    0.13.1                   py38_0   
                        ply                       3.11                     py38_0   
                        postgresql                12.2                 h20c2e04_0    anaconda 
                        prometheus_client         0.9.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        prompt-toolkit            3.0.8                      py_0   
                        prompt_toolkit            3.0.8                         0   
                        protobuf                  3.13.0.1         py38he6710b0_1   
                        psutil                    5.7.2            py38h7b6447c_0   
                        ptyprocess                0.7.0              pyhd3eb1b0_2   
                        py                        1.10.0             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        py-lief                   0.10.1           py38h403a769_0   
                        pyasn1                    0.4.8                      py_0   
                        pyasn1-modules            0.2.8                      py_0   
                        pycodestyle               2.6.0                      py_0   
                        pycosat                   0.6.3            py38h7b6447c_1   
                        pycparser                 2.20                       py_2   
                        pycurl                    7.43.0.5         py38h1ba5d50_0    anaconda 
                        pydocstyle                5.1.1                      py_0   
                        pyerfa                    1.7.1.1          py38h27cfd23_1   
                        pyflakes                  2.2.0                      py_0   
                        pygments                  2.7.4              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        pyjwt                     1.7.1                    py38_0   
                        pylint                    2.6.0                    py38_0   
                        pyls-black                0.4.6                hd3eb1b0_0   
                        pyls-spyder               0.3.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        pyodbc                    4.0.30           py38he6710b0_0   
                        pyopenssl                 20.0.1             pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        pyparsing                 2.4.7              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        pypmca                    0.2.16                   pypi_0    pypi 
                        pyqt                      5.9.2            py38h05f1152_4   
                        pyrsistent                0.17.3           py38h7b6447c_0   
                        pysocks                   1.7.1            py38h06a4308_0   
                        pytables                  3.6.1            py38h9fd0a39_0   
                        pytest                    6.2.2            py38h06a4308_2   
                        python                    3.8.5                h7579374_1   
                        python-dateutil           2.8.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        python-jsonrpc-server     0.4.0                      py_0   
                        python-language-server    0.36.2             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        python-libarchive-c       2.9                pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        pytz                      2020.5             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        pywavelets                1.1.1            py38h7b6447c_2   
                        pyxdg                     0.27               pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        pyyaml                    5.4.1            py38h27cfd23_1   
                        pyzmq                     20.0.0           py38h2531618_1   
                        qdarkstyle                2.8.1                      py_0   
                        qt                        5.9.7                h5867ecd_1   
                        qtawesome                 1.0.1                      py_0   
                        qtconsole                 4.7.7                      py_0   
                        qtpy                      1.9.0                      py_0   
                        r-askpass                 1.0               r36h14c3975_0   
                        r-assertthat              0.2.1             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-backports               1.1.4             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-base                    3.6.1                haffb61f_2   
                        r-base64enc               0.1_3             r36h96ca727_4   
                        r-bh                      1.69.0_1          r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-boot                    1.3_20            r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-broom                   0.5.2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-callr                   3.2.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-caret                   6.0_83            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-cellranger              1.1.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-class                   7.3_15            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-cli                     1.1.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-clipr                   0.6.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-cluster                 2.0.8             r36ha65eedd_0   
                        r-codetools               0.2_16            r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-colorspace              1.4_1             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-crayon                  1.3.4             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-curl                    3.3               r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-data.table              1.12.2            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-dbi                     1.0.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-dbplyr                  1.4.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-dichromat               2.0_0             r36h6115d3f_4   
                        r-digest                  0.6.18            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-dplyr                   0.8.0.1           r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-ellipsis                0.1.0             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-essentials              3.6.0                     r36_0   
                        r-evaluate                0.13              r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-fansi                   0.4.0             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-forcats                 0.4.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-foreach                 1.4.4             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-foreign                 0.8_71            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-formatr                 1.6               r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-fs                      1.2.7             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-generics                0.0.2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-ggplot2                 3.1.1             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-glmnet                  2.0_16            r36ha65eedd_0   
                        r-glue                    1.3.1             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-gower                   0.2.0             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-gtable                  0.3.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-haven                   2.1.0             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-hexbin                  1.27.2            r36ha65eedd_0   
                        r-highr                   0.8               r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-hms                     0.4.2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-htmltools               0.3.6             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-htmlwidgets             1.3               r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-httpuv                  1.5.1             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-httr                    1.4.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-ipred                   0.9_8             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-irdisplay               0.7.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-irkernel                0.8.15                    r36_0   
                        r-iterators               1.0.10            r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-jsonlite                1.6               r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-kernsmooth              2.23_15           r36ha65eedd_4   
                        r-knitr                   1.22              r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-labeling                0.3               r36h6115d3f_4   
                        r-later                   0.8.0             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-lattice                 0.20_38           r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-lava                    1.6.5             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-lazyeval                0.2.2             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-lubridate               1.7.4             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-magrittr                1.5               r36h6115d3f_4   
                        r-maps                    3.3.0             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-markdown                0.9               r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-mass                    7.3_51.3          r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-matrix                  1.2_17            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-mgcv                    1.8_28            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-mime                    0.6               r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-modelmetrics            1.2.2             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-modelr                  0.1.4             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-munsell                 0.5.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-nlme                    3.1_139           r36ha65eedd_0   
                        r-nnet                    7.3_12            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-numderiv                2016.8_1          r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-openssl                 1.3               r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-pbdzmq                  0.3_3             r36h5455479_1   
                        r-pillar                  1.3.1             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-pkgconfig               2.0.2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-plogr                   0.2.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-plyr                    1.8.4             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-prettyunits             1.0.2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-processx                3.3.0             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-prodlim                 2018.04.18        r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-progress                1.2.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-promises                1.0.1             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-ps                      1.3.0             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-purrr                   0.3.2             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-quantmod                0.4_14            r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-r6                      2.4.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-randomforest            4.6_14            r36ha65eedd_0   
                        r-rbokeh                  0.6.3                     r36_0   
                        r-rcolorbrewer            1.1_2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-rcpp                    1.0.1             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-rcpproll                0.3.0             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-readr                   1.3.1             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-readxl                  1.3.1             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-recipes                 0.1.5             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-recommended             3.6.0                     r36_0   
                        r-rematch                 1.0.1             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-repr                    0.19.2            r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-reprex                  0.2.1             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-reshape2                1.4.3             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-rlang                   0.3.4             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-rmarkdown               1.12              r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-rpart                   4.1_15            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-rstudioapi              0.10              r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-rvest                   0.3.3             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-scales                  1.0.0             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-selectr                 0.4_1             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-shiny                   1.3.2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-sourcetools             0.1.7             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-spatial                 7.3_11            r36h96ca727_4   
                        r-squarem                 2017.10_1         r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-stringi                 1.4.3             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-stringr                 1.4.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-survival                2.44_1.1          r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-sys                     3.2               r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-tibble                  2.1.1             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-tidyr                   0.8.3             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-tidyselect              0.2.5             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-tidyverse               1.2.1             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-timedate                3043.102          r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-tinytex                 0.12              r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-ttr                     0.23_4            r36ha65eedd_0   
                        r-utf8                    1.1.4             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-uuid                    0.1_2             r36h96ca727_4   
                        r-viridislite             0.3.0             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-whisker                 0.3_2             r36h6115d3f_4   
                        r-withr                   2.1.2             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-xfun                    0.6               r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-xml2                    1.2.0             r36h29659fb_0   
                        r-xtable                  1.8_4             r36h6115d3f_0   
                        r-xts                     0.11_2            r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-yaml                    2.2.0             r36h96ca727_0   
                        r-zoo                     1.8_6             r36h96ca727_0   
                        readline                  8.1                  h27cfd23_0   
                        regex                     2020.11.13       py38h27cfd23_0   
                        requests                  2.25.1             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        requests-oauthlib         1.3.0                      py_0   
                        ripgrep                   12.1.1                        0   
                        rope                      0.18.0                     py_0   
                        rsa                       4.7                pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        rtree                     0.9.4                    py38_1   
                        ruamel_yaml               0.15.87          py38h7b6447c_1   
                        scikit-image              0.17.2           py38hdf5156a_0   
                        scikit-learn              0.23.2           py38h0573a6f_0   
                        scipy                     1.5.2            py38h0b6359f_0   
                        scramp                    1.1.1                      py_0   
                        seaborn                   0.11.1             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        secretstorage             3.3.0            py38h06a4308_0   
                        send2trash                1.5.0              pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        setuptools                52.0.0           py38h06a4308_0   
                        simplegeneric             0.8.1                    py38_2   
                        singledispatch            3.4.0.3                 py_1001   
                        sip                       4.19.13          py38he6710b0_0   
                        six                       1.15.0           py38h06a4308_0   
                        snappy                    1.1.8                he6710b0_0   
                        snowballstemmer           2.1.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sortedcollections         2.1.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sortedcontainers          2.3.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        soupsieve                 2.1                pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinx                    3.4.3              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinxcontrib             1.0                      py38_1   
                        sphinxcontrib-applehelp   1.0.2              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinxcontrib-devhelp     1.0.2              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinxcontrib-htmlhelp    1.0.3              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinxcontrib-jsmath      1.0.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinxcontrib-qthelp      1.0.3              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinxcontrib-serializinghtml 1.1.4              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        sphinxcontrib-websupport  1.2.4                      py_0   
                        spyder                    4.2.0            py38h06a4308_0   
                        spyder-kernels            1.10.1           py38h06a4308_0   
                        sqlalchemy                1.3.21           py38h27cfd23_0   
                        sqlite                    3.33.0               h62c20be_0   
                        statsmodels               0.12.1           py38h27cfd23_0   
                        sympy                     1.7.1            py38h06a4308_0   
                        tbb                       2020.3               hfd86e86_0   
                        tblib                     1.7.0                      py_0   
                        tensorboard               2.3.0              pyh4dce500_0   
                        tensorboard-plugin-wit    1.6.0                      py_0   
                        tensorflow                2.2.0           mkl_py38h6d3daf0_0   
                        tensorflow-base           2.2.0           mkl_py38h5059a2d_0   
                        tensorflow-estimator      2.2.0              pyh208ff02_0   
                        termcolor                 1.1.0                    py38_1   
                        terminado                 0.9.2            py38h06a4308_0   
                        testpath                  0.4.4              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        texttable                 1.6.3                    pypi_0    pypi 
                        threadpoolctl             2.1.0              pyh5ca1d4c_0   
                        three-merge               0.1.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        tifffile                  2021.1.14          pyhd3eb1b0_1   
                        tk                        8.6.10               hbc83047_0   
                        tktable                   2.10                 h14c3975_0   
                        toml                      0.10.1                     py_0   
                        toolz                     0.11.1             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        tornado                   6.1              py38h27cfd23_0   
                        tqdm                      4.56.0             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        traitlets                 5.0.5              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        typed-ast                 1.4.2            py38h27cfd23_1   
                        typing_extensions         3.7.4.3            pyh06a4308_0   
                        ujson                     4.0.2            py38h2531618_0   
                        unicodecsv                0.14.1                   py38_0   
                        unixodbc                  2.3.9                h7b6447c_0   
                        urllib3                   1.26.3             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        watchdog                  0.10.4           py38h06a4308_0   
                        wcwidth                   0.2.5                      py_0   
                        webencodings              0.5.1                    py38_1   
                        werkzeug                  1.0.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        wget                      3.2                      pypi_0    pypi 
                        wheel                     0.36.2             pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        widgetsnbextension        3.5.1                    py38_0   
                        wrapt                     1.11.2           py38h7b6447c_0   
                        wurlitzer                 2.0.1                    py38_0   
                        xlrd                      2.0.1              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        xlsxwriter                1.3.7                      py_0   
                        xlwt                      1.3.0                    py38_0   
                        xmltodict                 0.12.0                     py_0   
                        xz                        5.2.5                h7b6447c_0   
                        yaml                      0.2.5                h7b6447c_0   
                        yapf                      0.30.0                     py_0   
                        yarl                      1.6.3            py38h27cfd23_0   
                        zeromq                    4.3.3                he6710b0_3   
                        zfp                       0.5.5                h2531618_4   
                        zict                      2.0.0                      py_0   
                        zipp                      3.4.0              pyhd3eb1b0_0   
                        zlib                      1.2.11               h7b6447c_3   
                        zope                      1.0                      py38_1   
                        zope.event                4.5.0                    py38_0   
                        zope.interface            5.2.0            py38h27cfd23_0   
                        zstd                      1.4.5                h9ceee32_0  
                        [/FONT]

And, here is my Anaconda information:
                        Code:
                        [COLOR=#54ff54][B]jerry@jerryAspire-V3-771[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]:[/COLOR][COLOR=#5454ff][B]~/Documents/PythonProjects[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]$ conda info [/COLOR]

active environment : None 
                                    shell level : 0 
                               user config file : /home/jerry/.condarc 
                         populated config files : /home/jerry/.condarc 
                                  conda version : 4.9.2 
                            conda-build version : 3.20.5 
                                 python version : 3.8.5.final.0 
                               virtual packages : __cuda=9.1=0 
                                                  __glibc=2.31=0 
                                                  __unix=0=0 
                                                  __archspec=1=x86_64 
                               base environment : /home/jerry/anaconda3  (writable) 
                                   channel URLs : https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/linux-64 
                                                  https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/noarch 
                                                  https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/linux-64 
                                                  https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/noarch 
                                  package cache : /home/jerry/anaconda3/pkgs 
                                                  /home/jerry/.conda/pkgs 
                               envs directories : /home/jerry/anaconda3/envs 
                                                  /home/jerry/.conda/envs 
                                       platform : linux-64 
                                     user-agent : conda/4.9.2 requests/2.25.1 CPython/3.8.5 Linux/5.4.0-65-generic ubuntu/20.04.2 glibc/2.31 
                                        UID:GID : 1000:1000 
                                     netrc file : None 
                                   offline mode : False
                        Code:

Last edited by GreyGeek; Feb 21, 2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Hi
                          If you want to do "hardware" i have installed Kubuntu on just about every piece of second hand, and a couple of times new, hardware since before I became a member here.

So, if you want to start with a new piece of hardware and learn how Kubuntu, or Ubuntu, or Linux "interacts" with hardware is to look up at he Linux hardware compatability website whether the hardware has already been vetted as being compatible or not.

If here is a problem it is "usually" a problem with headphones for laptops or printer/scanner drivers for the absolutely latest and greatest devices. HP is usually a go to but HP had the syndrome of forcing you to use their cartridges or messing up your refillables, but, generally, HP works fine. I have an old HP laserjet 6 that is still chugging out prints and also a HP 4520 Envy dual that works fine also.

The problem with older equipment is that there really are, usually, 2 ways to "do things" and you will get, usually, two dirvers to try.

So...HERE IS A TIP THAT I HAVE NEVER TOLD ANYONE ABOUT PRINTER DIRVERS.

Pick one and try it out by...

Typing ONLY the letter "A" in the top left hand corner of the word processor page. if it prints correctly then go for it.

DO NOT try to print a "page of text" or a "test page". if it is the wrong driver it can literally print out several dozen sheets printing ascii code for all that text.

As to learning the OS.

The very simplest way is just to download and install it and start playaing around with it. Ask at the forums after typing queries into the search field.

if you want to CODE for the OS, then, yeah, you need to take a class at college, maybe...

BUT just remember this. MOST of the present day "coders" did NOT get their start in college. they just starting tearing an OS apart and putting it back together.

And the easiest way to "self teach" is to do "Linux from Scratch" for which I provide a linky. I would literally recommend that you go to a "computer place" that has a "friendly person" and ask the person to install a seperate hard drive upon which you can install LFS.

And you DO THIS BY LEAVING OFF THE SIDE OF THE CASE and have the computer person PHYSICALLY SHOW YOU HOW TO PLUG AND UNPLUG the SATA plugs.

And then PAY THE PERSON and ADD IN A NICE TIP.

Thus, you can, safely, unplug your main OS and plug in the other hard drive and start building LFS without having even the least worry about messing up your main install and...

you are familiraizing yourself with the "guts" of the "hardware"...

so you are becoming experienced with both the hardware, and "Kubuntu" and also the coding of "Linux".

Just some thoughts, of little worth.

woodsmoke

Here is a linky to Linux from Scratch.

http://linuxfromscratch.org/

Here is a thread here at the forum about my "out of the box, hanging on a wall" computer that I assembled it includes a picture.

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ighlight=build

Here is a relatively good article at ARS TECHNICA about building your own computer.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011...series-part-i/
                          Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 21, 2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Comment

If you want to do some hard homework understanding Gnu/Linux, one way is to do a Gentoo install. Not to replace Kubuntu, but on a scratch drive or a spare partition somewhere.

Sent from my VFD 822 using Tapatalk
                              Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
                              X