X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overused words in 2020

My pick:

I watched a lot of "Linux" videos in 2020 (as well as dog-n-cat videos). A word that seems overused by the Linux guys is "actually".
    Kubuntu 20.04

UUUMmmmmm... Self control here... Very tempted to use that word to say it's another!!

Comment

Literally.

I HATE hearing that when what it's referring to is DEFINITELY NOT literally! Like "I literally died when I saw that!" Oh, really? And you're not in the hospital...or morgue? "I literally $hit my pants when I saw him!" Really? Did the smell bother him? "She literally eats all the time." Really? So she doesn't do ANYTHING else but eat 24 hours a day?
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I'm really having to bite my tongue. I literally could actually use all of these too!

Come on, you know that is funny!

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha!
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

With way things are now, have to have some laughter!

Comment

Literally!
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

@GG - lol!!

Comment

Unbelievable... [emoji6]
                  Regards, John Little

Comment

All 3 agree with!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                      I'm really having to bite my tongue. I literally could actually use all of these too!

Come on, you know that is funny!
                      It's like, actually: I, like, literally could actually, like, use all of these too!

Comment

Like!

OMG, I LITERALLY, like, actually, like, can't like, literally, like, stand it, like, when her and her friend, like, talk, like like this!

Comment

Unbelievable
                          Regards, John Little

Comment

Overused words? "overused words"

The next brick house on the left
                            Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                              Like!

OMG, I LITERALLY, like, actually, like, can't like, literally, like, stand it, like, when her and her friend, like, talk, like like this!
                              LOL but also you stumbled on a word I think some people use more than they should and that is the word "Like". Like, OMG, you know, that is a word I like use a lot!

LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X