• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Linux 20.04 for a digital painting workstation

Hi all,

this
    "Kubuntu Linux 20.04 for a digital painting workstation"
    https://www.davidrevoy.com/article78...-install-guide
    is not my testimony but that of David Revoy. I just wanted to show what got me hooked on Kubuntu a few days ago. Sorry, if this is old hat but I am new to this forum.
    And since I love David's webcomics about a teenage witch and her cat - https://www.peppercarrot.com/en/ - done all with Kubuntu and free Linux software, I thought "Kubuntu must be good"

Thanks,

kubucub

Wow! What a talent David Revoy has, and a technical artist to boot!
    Krita, Blender and the LAMP stack. Smart dude!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing, and welcome here. Enjoy your stay.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

A very useful post! the LAMP stack looks like just what I'm looking for, as I've been meaning to get a webpage done for my photography for the past couple of years...

Comment

Nice links and read! Thanks!

Comment

I think it's probably a very sensible idea to use a LTS based distro for a digital painting / photography editing etc workstation. At least that way your system will be nice and stable between LTS releases. There is a lot to be said for stability so you can concentrate on using your computer for production, rather than worrying about the latest and greatest versions of software on a rolling release.

Comment

Working...
            X