This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Perfect Linux Keyboard Company

Sometime ago, I posted conversation starter about Linux compatible mechanical keyboards. In that thread, now closed, I listed the features I wanted in the perfect keyboard. Well I found a company that sells such products. Check out wasdkeyboards.com. Their keyboards are amazing. Solidly built, illuminated, customizable, and the best feature is they are programmable without needing any software. All programming functions of lights and macros can be done using the keyboard keys. There is also a bank of DIP switches on the underside of their offerings to enable or disable different functions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9key-34_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	649664

I just purchased the 9-key switch demo kit so I can decide which Cherry switches to order with my new keyboard by actually using all the different varieties of switches. The keyboards are built well starting with a steel plate. On top of that is a double-sided PCB with the DIP switches, keyswitches, LEDs, and frame. I'm excited and wanted to share my find with the community.

To the system administrators, what's the possibility of creating a hardware section on the forum so the community can post what works and what doesn't. I'm still looking for a decent printer to print color labels on optical media that I can use with Kubuntu. I think such a forum would be a great resource.

All the best.

Mark
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People
Working...
X