This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu on 3 machines now.

Yesterday I installed Kubuntu 20.04.1 on my newer HP 15 laptop. Had to create a boot-able USB to do it but the provided utilities on my desktop got the job done! Originally I tried KDE Neon 20.04 but ran into some issues. Since two desktops are running Kubuntu perfectly I decided to use it on the new laptop as well. The laptop has Intel Optane Memory and I was relieved to see it works perfectly with the 20.04 base. Battery life is over 6 1\2 hours too! I had kept the laptop on Windows 10 fearing that the hardware was going to be too new to run Linux but I was completely wrong!

I originally thought it would be nice having KDE Neon on the new machine. Unfortunately it had sound issues every few boots and Firefox kept freezing and crashing. Lesson learned! I had the same sound issue with Kubuntu at first but it seems I have resolved it because I have booted it several times now without the issue. Some things like Firefox KDE integration just work better on public WiFi under Kubuntu too. I even discovered the KDE alternative to Cheese doing the install on a laptop, Kamoto. It's light and works great! In the end I was really glad to have Windows 10 off my shiny new laptop!

That's 3 machines now running Kubuntu 20.04.1 problem free and a pleasure to use! I made sure to give Kununtu 20.04 a good rating, {10 } and an excellent review. My sincere thanks to the developer's and community for such an outstanding release!

Edit: I spoke too soon about the sound issue...
    Last edited by Snowhog; Aug 13, 2020, 05:33 PM.

I have Kubuntu 20.04.1 installed on 2 laptops. One laptop is old and the other is newer. Both laptops run very smoothly without any problems. I never had sound problems. One laptop is also a hp pavilion 15, the other is a dell latitude.I also had tried kde neon, and it's more cutting edge, kubuntu is more stable. I'm very happy with kubuntu, they did make a good job.

Comment

Working...
    X