This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Earbuds

OK so I have always used wired/plugin to the computer headphones or the smaller plugin earbuds to listen to music or whatever and not disturb the wife.

Friday the 07/03/2020 I splurged on a $50.00 pair of jlabs Bluetooth earbuds for my birthday on the 9th (58) https://www.jlabaudio.com/collections/true-wireless/products/jbuds-air-true-wireless-earbuds-charging-case

I am quite happy with them , now I can walk out to the kitchen or sit at the far end of the couch and am not constrained by the cord , they sound great and I can pause/play , volume +- , or track forward/back with the buttons on the earbuds or wear just 1 if we are talking and I'm just watching the occasional news video or such .

Well just call me old , I had no idea just how nice these pricey little things could be.

what have your experiences with such things been ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

My wife was complaining about listening to the YT videos on my Android because I turn the volume up to hear them, even with hearing aids. So, I bought a pair and listening is now a joy. I can walk all over the apartment and still hear what ever it is I've connected to (my Android, my laptop, the TV in the living room or the one in the bedroom). They work better than my hearing aids. Now, she isn't constantly yelling at me to "turn it down!".

I let her try them and as a result she got a set for her 77th birthday on June 14th. She loves them too. You know what they say: "If the wife ain't happy nobody's happy!"
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      You know what they say: "If the wife ain't happy nobody's happy!"
      So true ,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Actually have a pair coming tomorrow for the EXACT same reason.

Comment

I dropped using BT headphones because, no matter the brand, style, or quality, if I turned my head to the side, the signal cut out. Mostly when I turned to the right, oddly enough. No matter what I was doing. No matter which phone I used or owned at the time, including my V30, Only when the phone was sitting next to me on my desk.

My computer was OK for BT, and I don't recall any issues with my sound bar.

I went back to wired headphones and ear buds. Not sure I want to waste 50 bucks and have something like these have the same issues. I need to borrow someone's Bluetooth 5 buds or phones and see if my peculiar situation has been remedied.

I won't go into the better sound quality, or rather, clarityI seem to get from wired units, that is subjective, especially as I am not an audiophile in any sense.

When I get to the point I need hearing aids (and I am surprised I don't need them yet) I will look at the ones that are Bluetooth. Seems logical to me. Plus I imagine one could invisibly tune out one's better half, if they were feeling brave enough to risk it

Comment

Working...
          X