X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 10 displays odp but will not display Puwwerpoint

Hi

this is just hilarious...for the new folks, I've posted before...MANY times that Microshaft did all sorts of stuff to ACT as if an open document presentation was corrupted when it was not, they had put a script into the xml file that made it LOOK as if it was corrupted. When one removed the script, usually just one line, the presentation worked fine.

I posted a half year back, or so that, this stuff had seemingly gone away with Win9...I THINK at the college...

Well, a HILARIOUS THING just happened...

I always take in four versions of a presentation to make sure that SOMETHING works...

.ppt
    .pptx
    .pdf
    and starting a few years ago a .odp.

Welll, I have had animated .gifs in my presentations for years...always the same ones... all are open source, BTW so that there is not copyright infringement...

Welllllll they STOPPED working AT ALL using the .ppt, the .pptx and of course do not work in .pdf... .odp was iffy...

NOW... the .gifs do not work in .ppt mad with LibreO ...OR... my original puwerrpoint purchased legally years ago...

BUT...they work stunningly well in... an .odp file... lol. ...just lol...

This MAY be part of the final workings our with the whole "desktop /realplayer" lawsuit of clinton or...it MAY beeeeeeeeee...

the present inclusion of the Linux Kernel because the college uses the absolute latest and greatest windblows...

Here is a discussion that is tangential but it does say that "it drags other stuff with it"...

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...-linux-kernel/

so...dunno...

if anyone has comments please feel free to post them!

woodsmoke
Working...
X