This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kate's even newer icon

I haven't tried it out but it seems to be more "official" than it was a few days ago:

https://kate-editor.org/post/2020/20...eze-kate-icon/
    https://phabricator.kde.org/T12594
    https://phabricator.kde.org/D27044

And a useful link in there: https://community.kde.org/Guidelines..._Workflow_Tips
    Kubuntu 20.04

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200131154250.png
Views:	1
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	644566

From left to right, the first new Kate icon, the second is after feedback and the third is mine because I prefer the first icon with a contrasting background.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

And how exactly can I start using them? O_o?
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

See here.

Comment

I wish there was a package, otherwise I might just forget about how I got them in the first place when I finally upgrade to 20.04 :S
          Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly

Comment

Well, with yesterday's update (Neon Testing) I got a lot of icons.
            In /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/48/ :

Click image for larger version

Name:	icons.png
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	644568

Comment

Originally posted by kyonides View Post
              I wish there was a package, otherwise I might just forget about how I got them in the first place when I finally upgrade to 20.04 :S
              Breeze in 20.04 will have the new icon (unless Kubuntu decides differently).
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8640[/ATTACH]

From left to right, the first new Kate icon, the second is after feedback and the third is mine because I prefer the first icon with a contrasting background.
                Would you mind attaching your version for download? I see that you just added the background, but others might like to use it. It gives it a flatter appearance and some folks like that look.
                Last edited by oshunluvr; Feb 03, 2020, 02:31 PM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                  Would you mind attaching your version for download? I see that you just added the background, but others might like to use it. It gives it a flatter appearance and some folks like that look.
                  Sure! One point is that I've changed the background from #000010 in line #46 to #232629 as suggested in KDE's icon style page: https://hig.kde.org/style/icons/index.html#

I had to change the suffix from svg to txt to allow the upload here.
                  Attached Files
                  Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

I had to change the suffix from svg to txt to allow the upload here.
                    I just added svg as an approved attachment type.
                    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                      I just added svg as an approved attachment type.
                      Thanks!

To add to my previous post (with the benefit of posts by dbc), this works in 19.10 (with 5.17.90) and in 20.04:

Back up
                      /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/16/kate.svg
                      /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/22/kate.svg
                      /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/32/kate.svg
                      /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/48/kate.svg

sudo cp -i the downloaded file to the above locations. It's not necessary to change the dimensions in line #2 from width="48mm" height="48mm".

Switch to another icon theme (not breeze-dark) and back or log out and back. The new icon should be in use.

I couldn't find any use for /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/64/kate.svg as posted here and so didn't bother with it.

The same procedure works in Kubuntu 18.04 as well but one has to replace the icons in /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/apps not those in /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps.
                      Last edited by chimak111; Feb 03, 2020, 10:29 PM.
                      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Switch to another icon theme (not breeze-dark) and back or log out and back. The new icon should be in use.

I couldn't find any use for /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps/64/kate.svg as posted here and so didn't bother with it.

The same procedure works in Kubuntu 18.04 as well but one has to replace the icons in /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/apps not those in /usr/share/icons/breeze/apps.
                        Mmm, just wondering if 64 px icons might be used by Latte dock... Is it be possible?
                        Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly

Comment

Originally posted by kyonides View Post
                          Mmm, just wondering if 64 px icons might be used by Latte dock... Is it be possible?
                          AFAICT, even latte dock shows the newer icon without needing 64px. But I'll check once again some time later.
                          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Here's an image showing a transparent plasma panel on the left, latte dock from Kubuntu 20.04 repos on the bottom, Kate, and Dolphin (open to the 64x icon folder).
                            Attached Files
                            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
                            X