This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
    Right-click on the little triangle in the system tray, the one that shows hidden icons.
    Configure System Tray > Entries, Updates > Hidden.
    I saw that solution from search. That didn't work.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by verndog View Post
      I saw that solution from search. That didn't work.

How could it not? In the Updates section of Muon turn off automatic security updates, set to notify only, and check for updates every two weeks. I also set for the LTS release only, since I am running 20.04.
      THEN, hide the updates icon in the system tray so you won't get notified of any pending updates.

Every so often open Konsole and do a "sudo apt update" to check what is pending.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Well that's funny. I did that ages ago and never saw an update notification since.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post

How could it not? In the Updates section of Muon turn off automatic security updates, set to notify only, and check for updates every two weeks. I also set for the LTS release only, since I am running 20.04.
          THEN, hide the updates icon in the system tray so you won't get notified of any pending updates.

Every so often open Konsole and do a "sudo apt update" to check what is pending.
          Here is muon with updates disabled. Still on reboot Discovery shows updates available.
          Attached Files
          Boot Info Script

Comment

I was able to rid myself of DiscoverNotifier by following the following thread:
            https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...ifier/fbb9hry/
            and rename DiscoverNotifier to BACKUP.DiscoverNotifier, but that only gets rid of the notifier. Something else is triggering Discover;but what?
            Code:
            /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plasma-discover/libDiscoverNotifiers.so
            /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/plasma-discover/libDiscoverCommon.so
            /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexec/BACKUP.DiscoverNotifier
            /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/plugins/discover-notifier/DiscoverPackageKitNotifier.so
            I couldn't find any autostart program that triggers Discover.
            Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by verndog View Post
              How to stop "updates available" on task manager. I tried several suggestions: muon > automotic updates unchecked, "20auto-upgrades" set to "1". All to no avail. "20auto-upgrades" resets it back to "0"
              Your choice, of course, but why would you not want to know about available updates?
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Originally posted by jglen490 View Post
                Your choice, of course, but why would you not want to know about available updates?
                I use terminal to update and upgrade updates. Its just annoying that Discover is there and I can't turn it off.
                Boot Info Script

Comment

Have you read posts #2 and #3 in https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...-updates/page2
                  Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                    Thanks, but yes #2 I did. No effect, #3 mine is missings the "Updates". Most likely because I renamed "DiscoverNotifier", as above. I will try #3 after I change "DiscoverNotifier" back to correct name.
                    Boot Info Script

Comment

Working...
                    X