This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google search completly failed to find what I was searching for

I searched for how long does it take to install dotnet48 in wine. It totaly failed to find the answer. Must be something like a .02% chance of a google search failing so badly.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Hi steve7233.

that is an interesting question.

As to not finding stuff, I have run across the same thing myself. Google is very biased in it's returns for a LOT of things.

Because of that I have used nothing but DuckDuckGo for maybe a year and a half? It also does not track you, and that is not just a "boast" on their part, I do internet security volunteering and it really does NOT track you.

But, putting that aside I found this as the FIRST return, using Firefox and DuckDuckGo and using the following search query
    dotnet48 installation WINE
    http://docs.simplifier.net/forge/forgeInstall.html

the very first discussion is about installing dotnet 4.8 using "one click" after installing Wine and Winetricks.

It says that it "could take 5 to 10 minutes".

woodhopethishelpssmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Aug 16, 2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Oddly, my first result using Google is the same one that Woody got from his DuckDuck search mentioning 10 minutes.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Comment

Google - 91,000+ results from "linux install dotnet 48 wine"
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Was how long does it take to install dotnet48 in wine the exact query? If not, what was the exact query?
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

The quality of a web search is directly proportional to the quality of the search terms.
            If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Working...
            X