This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was a joke, at first....

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha <pauses to breathe> Hahahahahahahahahahlolololbwahahahahahahahsnickers nort

Well, there is one positive if anyone takes this up: I wonder if Gtk theming will be easier to manage on the Plasma 5 side, if there is a consistent look there.
    But I just remembered that Gnome does NOT have a theming system, just hacked css stylesheets...............

Yeah, I saw that too. Freaking hysterical!

I totally get it - I've always hated Gnome and this illustrates why.

Please Read Me

Comment

It happens elsewhere, too.

Way back in the day, Konversation released a new version, which had included a new layout option. Can't recall what it was, but Kubuntu included this view as the default setup, and of course this either confused some users, or it may have had bugs. I don't recall exactly, as this was 2005-2007 ish. People were filing bug reports, or having issues that the new layout somehow highlighted, or simply could not figure out how to switch it, perhaps?. The dev politely complained, of course. Who wants to see feedback on a new feature, right? Well, riddell et al reverted that back to stock, and I ditched it, and moved to a quassel, which ended up becoming the default IRC, as Konversation didn't have a KDE 4/Qt4 port for quite a while.

Kubuntu also began keeping everything stock KDE with KDE4, mostly due to a lack of artist interest in doing so after KDE 3. Heck, KDE didn't overly like distros customizing the look, feel, and layout too terribly much back then either.

Comment

Working...
      X