Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the Studies Enabled setting checked, it's fixed. No worries, already checked on this.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Except when you look at your add-ons you get this
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Addons.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	644191
      Greg
      W9WD

Comment

Not all extensions seem to work. (Mozilla confirmed that, but I don't remember where I've read that.) Ghostery seems to be among them. If I remember well it has something to do with a non-standard ID or something like that. They're still working on a fix for those extensions.
        In other news: they rolled out a completely new version of Firefox (will take a while before that lands in Kubuntu, I guess). But even then it doesn't solve the problems for everybody. In that new version there's a new certificate (or something like that, but I'm no expert on that kind of things). Some anti-viruses seem to prevent the new certificate from installing.
        And when that doesn't happen and everything installs well, there are still people complaining (all of) their extensions are disabled. But for most of the people the fix seems to work.

Personally I really don't understand how it's possible a certificate that makes your browser almost worthless can expire. Such an important thing should have 97 automatic controls. Personally for the first time I started looking at Waterfox. Maybe I'll switch and only use Firefox only for testing sites. I see you can use old extensions with Waterfox, that's for me a big, big, big pre.

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe View Post
          Personally I really don't understand how it's possible a certificate that makes your browser almost worthless can expire.
          The internet, using TLS (aka SSL) depends on a hierarchy of trust that starts with the "root" certificates. These are compiled into browsers. If a root issuer is compromised, or deemed insecure or otherwise unreliable, (that's happened, f. ex. Symantec) then we're reliant upon browser updates anyway.

Regards, John Little
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by Goeroeboeroe View Post
            Not all extensions seem to work. (Mozilla confirmed that, but I don't remember where I've read that.) Ghostery seems to be among them. If I remember well it has something to do with a non-standard ID or something like that. They're still working on a fix for those extensions.
            In other news: they rolled out a completely new version of Firefox (will take a while before that lands in Kubuntu, I guess). But even then it doesn't solve the problems for everybody. In that new version there's a new certificate (or something like that, but I'm no expert on that kind of things). Some anti-viruses seem to prevent the new certificate from installing.
            And when that doesn't happen and everything installs well, there are still people complaining (all of) their extensions are disabled. But for most of the people the fix seems to work.

Personally I really don't understand how it's possible a certificate that makes your browser almost worthless can expire. Such an important thing should have 97 automatic controls. Personally for the first time I started looking at Waterfox. Maybe I'll switch and only use Firefox only for testing sites. I see you can use old extensions with Waterfox, that's for me a big, big, big pre.
            I have waterfox on my phone and that broke the same.

The extensions that bothered me were the privacy ones like ublock origin, privacy badger and https everywhere, I wasn't so bothered about the one which blocks me from websites when I am supposed to be doing stuff . Maybe these kind of things should actually be built into the browser or at least the plugins put in a different category, I like the way that Falkon has built in extensions but it doesn't actually have very many.

Comment

Working...
            X