• Show
Clear All

Strawberry Music Player - Qt5 Clementine Fork

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-002-large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	649452

A Qt5 version of clementine that's being worked on. I've tried a fair few music players but nothing works as well as Clementine did and now Strawberry does. So I'm really happy to see this.

Homepage - https://strawbs.org/

Download from - https://github.com/jonaski/strawberry/releases

O.K., tried it - failed. The installer screen, opened by using the Qapt on the downloaded .deb file, threw an error "Error: cannot satisfy dependencies". Don't know what the dependencies are. I'd like to try it, as I now only use Clementine.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

maybe try the appimage https://builds.strawbs.net/appimage/

Comment

AppImage worked fine here (my actual preferred method, I don't like going through the repos/packages for things anymore), unfortunately, no UPnP support (at least not very user discoverable if there is). No UPnP support kills it for me as that's how I use my local server over my devices that I don't want mapped drives on.
        Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

I tried the appimage. When I play a son I get an error: "Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in."
          Clementine runs fine.

Comment

Hi Bings!

GAWD I LOVE LINUX!!!

ANOTHER media player for me to fiddle with in KparadigmShift!

Using KDE User I downloaded the .deb file from the Git link and it was opened with "system handler and installed cleanly.

I LOVE the interface in terms of it providing the file structure as a default!

And it looks nice, minimalist, but nice.

I clicked an MP4 in the music folder and it played immediately... HOWEVER the volume was preset to MAXIMUM so maybe slider it over before you play your first song.

I'll fiddle with in on the Kparadigm shift machine and come back and add to this post.

thanks for the link, I like it already in terms of being able to control it using a wave in the air controller.

INSTALL ON Kparadigm shift which is Neon dev stable.

When I went to the home page and thence to their files I received the aforementioned "unmet debendencies" notification.

When I use the download link in the OP an AMD 64 deb was installed satisfactorily by the system handler.

A large strawberry appears in the Dashboard menu display and it opened as on the other machine.

I clicked a file in a folder, a James Bond medly and it started immediately and immediately popped an album cover which is NOT on the file itself so it found that cover "on the net" someplace.

All in all a pleasant player and i'll fiddle with it.

i do notice a "devices" option which on first click gave the root of the hard drive but the symbology indicates possibly some kind of paring with a phone?

interesting.

woody

woodlikesstrawberrysmoke
            Last edited by woodsmoke; Apr 16, 2019, 10:41 PM.

Comment

See my update of my post.
              woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
              X