Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just installed Bleachbit to my 18.04 system from the CLI (sudo apt install bleachbit). After it was installed, I clicked on the K Menu icon and typed Bleachbit and clicked on Bleachbit (as root) (Unnecessary file cleaner). I was prompted for my pwd and it launched without any issues. Editing it's entry in K Menu, it shows for the Command: pkexec bleachbit
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Just installed Bleachbit to my 18.04 system from the CLI (sudo apt install bleachbit). After it was installed, I clicked on the K Menu icon and typed Bleachbit and clicked on Bleachbit (as root) (Unnecessary file cleaner). I was prompted for my pwd and it launched without any issues. Editing it's entry in K Menu, it shows for the Command: pkexec bleachbit
      Yes, I changed that entry as per the discourse thread that you linked to.

It will work accordingly a time or two (most of that I've noticed is 3 times before a reboot of the computer or the DE) before the edit. Then it would give that errors msgs that I mentioned.

It could be something else going on with my computer as well. Another setting that I have that you may not have
      Lenovo Thinkstation: Xeon E5 CPU 32GB ECC Ram KDE Neon

Comment

Weird.

Please Read Me

Comment

And it's probably the simplest thing that's doing it as well. I do have "a" solution working. May or may not be the best way to do it, but it atleast is "a" solution.

Goes into the many ways to do something in Linux.

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          Weird.

Comment

hi
            and welcome to the distro and forum that are almost as good as toast and jam!

I was fascinated to read your post because I worked with a fellow decades ago who probably was the very first person to kind of do what your are doing now.
            There was an obscure app for the Apple computer that was basicaly a grid that would allow one to literally combination click in a grid to place a color in the square on the grid.
            It was intended to be a primitive "pixel" kind of drawing program for children but...he had a different idea!

He used to go to the "craft fairs" in the late seventies and early eighties and would take peoples HAND drawing of what they wanted to do in LATCH HOOK and he would tell them to spend an hour or so going to other booths and he would manually enter the appropriate color in the appropriate box and print it out as a pattern for a customized latch hook. He mad a LOT of money doing that and his "big sell' was at a place called War Eagle in Arkansas.

But i was just blown away with that..and find it very nice that you are here and visiting with us and are doing what you do.

Please pop back in to visit or if you have problems ask.

wooddon'tbeastrangersmoke
            Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 12, 2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post

I was fascinated to read your post because I worked with a fellow decades ago who probably was the very first person to kind of do what your are doing now.
              There was an obscure app for the Apple computer that was basicaly a grid that would allow one to literally combination click in a grid to place a color in the square on the grid.
              It was intended to be a primitive "pixel" kind of drawing program for children but...he had a different idea!

He used to go to the "craft fairs" in the late seventies and early eighties and would take peoples HAND drawing of what they wanted to do in LATCH HOOK and he would tell them to spend an hour or so going to other booths and he would manually enter the appropriate color in the appropriate box and print it out as a pattern for a customized latch hook. He mad a LOT of money doing that and his "big sell' was at a place called War Eagle in Arkansas.
              That's about how old the digitizing software that I used on the Windows platform is. I think it first came out in '79.

When I first started digitizing, working for my mom, back in '93, still did the manual one mouse click equals one needle insertion method. Still do for some designs. It's amazing what can be done in the software now (well amazing and a curse). I do still have one older portable (works decent on WINE)Windows application (came out originally in the Win 98 days (may fav version of Windows)). It was later open sourced (I did managed to get a copy of it from the programmer's website, even though there isn't a thing that I can do with it) in the mid aughts, but do to the time that it came out, it is very limited. I still keep it around to teach people as it very good for teaching purposes. I was there was someone that could bring it modern times and maybe even port it to other platforms, but I don't think that will happen. Sometimes I wish I could code, but alas, my mind isn't made for that.

Not too many are on the Apple platform anymore (still more then on the Linux one though), most of them are geared to home users. There is one extension for Ai on Mac that's for the commercial freelancer though. That's the only one that I'm aware of on the Mac platform that isn't geared to home users today.

This was also the one bit of software that made it to where I needed to VM Windows as there wasn't a viable alternative natively on Linux (had Alpha or had very limited). Thankfully, I found a project (well, 2 projects as I need another one for sequin functionality) on Github that I've also contributed to (mainly in terms of example files) that is on par with what I need. Now I can just VM Windows when I want a bit of nostalgia. While I never really had a complaint of Windows even up to 8.1, 10 just really turned me off. Since Win 10 came after Adobe going all subscription, it was time for me to change. Came to Linux and haven't looked back. It really did put the fun back into computing, especially with the KDE DE.

Comment

Working...
              X