This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well here is a new one Linux for lawyers lol

From 2018 but it popped up in my feed and the guy is seriously suggesting that "lawyers" consider Linux and switching to Gmail.

https://www.seo-for-lawyers.com/atto...y-using-linux/

woodsmoke

Don't all lawyers use the email at GTH.biz? I thought they all received that email account when they pass the bar exam...
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Hi
      yes, I saw that but I think that the larger picture that the guy is advocating, without saying it, is that since, basically, they mostly just deal with 'words" that LibreOffice and WINE would take care of their needs.

And, I did not know that they get the e-mail as a thing with their exam. thanks for the info!

woodsmoke

Comment

I read the recurring idea that Linux is lower cost, for the lawyers, although not necessarily for the clients. Will lawyers pass that savings along? I am in doubt on that point.

Also: GMail? What about security and lawyer/client privacy? Not a feature which I would attribute to GMail...

Is it a good thing that more people, even if some are lawyers, might switch to Linux? Yes, I think it is good.
        Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Actually, since I discovered the thing about running Office Outlook on the cloud through Kmail, they MIGHT be able to run their gifted e-mail through Kmail, dunno.

And, it turns out that there is buried in what USED to be called Akonadai server in settings a PRE-SETUP for an office server, I saw it fleetingly a few days ago but can't seem to find it by wading through the settings, it "might" have done automagically what I posted and have done with it.

I'm still looking for it, it used to be in "Akonadai" but that seems to have been removed as a link in settings. It also had Gmail automagic setup.

woodsmoke

Comment

Working...
          X