• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all and may your presents be even better than this:
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

It would be highly illogical to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

(Audio only)

Disclaimer: I have an odd sense of humor; family and friends understand that.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post

(Audio only)

Disclaimer: I have an odd sense of humor; family and friends understand that.
        Actually I get it!!

Soooo...

To all here:

Merry Christmas and if I forget, Happy New Year!!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate the season and to all others hoping that you have a great holiday with family and friends!

I had posted the video of Kojak saying Merry Christmas on You Tube and when I was scanning down through the thread I noticed that there was a LOT of activity from my hardware and it was YouTube "doing something" through FF so, in the interest of saving people cycle time if you want to view the short vid here is the linky

If anyone sees a lot of cycle time being used when viewing this please so post and I will delete the linky...

hmm well, lets go one better just to YouTube and type in " Kojak's Christmas Wish" which shows him and Frank and the new girlfriend and boyfriend (played by john Larouquett ( night court fame ) walking by.

woody
          Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 03, 2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Cats' get it.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	48971570_10215769066532970_1652199693146390528_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	644079
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I didn't see this thread until I logged in, which is how that is supposed to be (members only). Was wondering if there were no XMas greetings because everyone was being politically correct (vs religion vs whatevers). In any case then ... whatevers observed ... Happy Holidays!

(btw, for those here who happen to celebrate this as a religious holiday ... XMas is a proper way to write Christmas, the "X" in Greek being the letter chi and standing for Christ in Greek. Isn't that fascinating. To take that one step further,
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Rho
              These are things Jesuits pay attention to, intellectuals of the Church. Not a member here, but had a good pal who happened to be a Jesuit-Catholic-Priest who would point these things out to me in our philosophical talks, sometimes over a cold beer.)
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Interesting QQ.

Another little tidbit, I had a friend who was into the "occult" , soft stuff, BOTA and all that and he used to sign his letters with " L. V. X. " which was an "in crowd" thing saying something like "to you be the light ".

The LVX being a variant of "lux" as in "lux candle" a measurement of light which has rather fallen by the wayside today and somewhat replaced by lumen or lumens for "light power".

anyway, interesting comment.

woodsmoke

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                  he used to sign his letters with " L. V. X. " which was an "in crowd" thing saying something like "to you be the light ".
                  Reminds me of "The Essence of the All is the Godhead of the True"...
                  Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                    Reminds me of "The Essence of the All is the Godhead of the True"...
                    nice comment!

lol yep a lot of "arcaneity" abounds in the stuff.

If one gets "into the mileu", I mean, gets INTO it, then it does, indeed, produce a "self-consistent whole". but for the "onlooker" it seems to be a bunch of gibberish.

Each group has it's "group speak" and the people not within the group then have the option of ignoring the group or mocking it, depending on whether their "sensibilities" are offended.

Rather like today... sigh...

but nice comment!
                    woody

Comment

Happy Saturnalia anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                        but nice comment!
                        The response should be "The vision of visions heals the blindness of sight".

No Anthony Powell fans in KFN then. If you like humour dry and grotesquely English try his book series. New-agy hocus pocus is among many comic targets.

Regards, John Little
                        Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
                          Happy Saturnalia anyone?
                          lol you hedonist you!

Comment

jlittle you ARE ALWAYS an "interesting man".

That cycle of novels does, indeed, intrigue me...I have always liked ..."some" of "high British Literature" because a lot of it made "reference" to other stuff back when I was a "young buck" and very high on "English Literature"... as an example Lucky Jim.

But, I digress, I'll see about purchasing some of the books but, interestingly enough the BBC has made a serialization, as referenced in Wikipedia , as an radio play...so I have been getting into audo books and such on my KParadigm shift entertainment centre and so i will download and listen forthwith!

Thanks again!
                            woody

Comment

Working...
                            X